well following on from this thread
http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112542

i have now owned Katie for 72 hours and overall i have to say how thouroughly impressed i am there are positives and negatives but the overall experiance is one of utter satisfaction on a thoroughly entertaining and utterly comfortable drive.

in comparison to a remappedstage one equivalent 2.0t Z20NET signum the difference is asonishing as the torque is available anywhere from 1k to rev limit in any gear!! driving a dual carriageway with roundabouts means anyone that was near you arrive at the roundabout is a miniscule spec in the rear view mirror by the time you come out of the other side at the speed limit ... without having to try, which considering the weight of the engine and autobox/vehicle package is amazing
- the standard 17's and Elite supsension are comfortable on motorway driving and normal "A" type roads "B and C" roads are a little less comfortable than my old 18's with Bilstiens B6's and Eibach Pro springs but no tramming evident whilst driving -so overall a true motorway mile muncher 70 mph is 1900 rpm in 6th gear

interior wise the leather is soft and supple the door cards allow you to rest your elbow on them in utter comfort for long periods of time and the level of kit still fitted is very good
i was amused to see they had removed the gas assisted bonnet strut and fitted a standard one (along with a lot of heat shielding on the interior of the bonnet as well around the turbo) - they have also done away with the old boot rear RED light that always got broken when loose items careered around insecured on the boot load space

fuel consumption wise .......very pleased averaging 30 +mpg and expecting 420 miles from the current tank so no worse the my old 2.0T

and the lights ... there standard not gas discharge/HIDs but i have to say last night ......i waited till dark and went out and was amazed ...i could see ... and the main beam was even better than the old lights

the only dilemmas i currently have are to debadge or not to debadge - the car looks nice and clean ...so at present i may leave it standard .....i cant belive i just said that ... let alone wrote it on here ... i will probably get a remap when i've completed my research into whats out there .... i like the idea of a map on a sports button so it can be switched on and off... the only problem is no sports button fitted on mine so a little more research to do ... so a few more piccys and i hope to bump into some of you @ PVS tomorrow ....no doubt i will be around the remapping stalls
regards

Dez