Thread: Potholes and driving

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Potholes and driving

Don't enjoy driving anymore these days , seem to spend more time watching out and trying to avoid these damn potholes in the roads, hit a nasty one today (car seems ok), although often it sounds worse when you hit one , than actually is , but not doing the cars any good over a period of time , just wish they'd sort these ****** roads out properly instead of the bodging they do, anyone else feel the same and have the same issues where you live?
    Cheers Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by old cruiser View Post
    Don't enjoy driving anymore these days , seem to spend more time watching out and trying to avoid these damn potholes in the roads, hit a nasty one today (car seems ok), although often it sounds worse when you hit one , than actually is , but not doing the cars any good over a period of time , just wish they'd sort these ****** roads out properly instead of the bodging they do, anyone else feel the same and have the same issues where you live?
    Cheers Pete
    I know exactly what you mean, I live in Northampton and luckily I live in a new build area but there are parts where they just never bothered with finishing off the road. If I drive to my mates house which is the other side of town the roads round there are like India roads and I would know! You just get slung about in the seat what do I pay my Tax for!? I have often thought about writing to the council about this surely if you damage your car on a crap road they should have to pay for it to be fixed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

absolutely mate, it's just trying to prove it to them, I must say I complain quite often to the council here in slough regarding these potholes and they are starting to do some road resurfacing, but where my mother-in law lives near Gerrards Cross it's horrendeous , I thought berkshire council were bad, but Bucks are the pits, as you say though, what are we paying our tax for. Grrrr....
    Cheers Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I have a friend once took a London Council to Court after he buckled the alloy wheel on his motorcycle on a pothole. Only time I ever heard of anyone winning. First thing I noticed when I got mine, with standard 17 inch and lowered suspension, was how awful the roads are round here - hadn't really noticed with my Omega CDi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy1954 View Post
    I have a friend once took a London Council to Court after he buckled the alloy wheel on his motorcycle on a pothole. Only time I ever heard of anyone winning. First thing I noticed when I got mine, with standard 17 inch and lowered suspension, was how awful the roads are round here - hadn't really noticed with my Omega CDi.
    Must say I find it feels worse in the Veccy, compared to the Omega I also had, although the veccy has standard suspension, must be a little firmer than the Omega I guess. Have to say I still miss 2001 Omega, that was a nice car, but boy was it thirsty on fuel hence getting rid of it.
    Cheers Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia sport tourer 2.0 CDTi

Trim : /Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2014

Mileage : 34900

I wonder if its really the roads that are bad or just that the standard of repairs to them have become worse , there are major A roads around here that dont have pot holes , they have craters instead , some have been patched up repeatedlly over the last year and are still the same as back in febuary.
    But saying that things have not ever really improved around here in thirty years i remember my father saying years ago that you could drive a blind man around the world but he would allways know when hes back in woking, just by the state of the road , and my father,s been dead for nearly twenty years
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To Be honest I have found the deterioration in our roads to be a long term thing and have been driving my cars as though I were riding a motorbike for 20 plus years just to save my alloys, I get to know each one on every road I regularly use and see new ones almost weekly growing from the size of a small apple to the grand canyon.

And we pay up to £435 per annum for what????????? exactly??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : SRi XP2 Nav

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2008

Agree with you guys, it's starting to spoil the experience but I can't see anything changing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Insignia

Trim : SRI NAV

Engine : 2.0 CDTI 140

Year : 2013

Mileage : 20000

I've had a spring snap sometime during the winter, and I sure its the roads, a mate had one snap too this year.

I've now got a steering wheel wobbly and I've got a feeling one or more alloys is wrecked!

I drive really careful over the potholes, try driving round where I can, thing round here is that sometimes you have to drive on to the other side of the road, which you cant always do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That is why God gave you two eye's, one to watch the road and the other one to watch out for all the potholes that litter our roads!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information