Thread: Crazy parking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nokiaman1978 View Post
    went onto a web page called fix my street and told them my problems, i'll wait to see what happens, just had a thought would it be possible for you guys to go onto it and register some more complaints or would they know or check where the complaints are from by ip. Click this link Avon Pl, Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire ML5 2
    And put another flag at bottom of street and a small description, nothing funny please, help a fellow vec c brother out. My neigbours dont want the hastle.

just did this for you mate hope it gets sorted for you, i have the same problem with a **** thats just moved into our street, everybody thats been here for years have always parked on the same side, now this idiot is parking on the oposite side witch is making it very difficult for drivers to get passed as he parks almost side by side to my works van, im ****** sure im no moving my van, hopefully somebody will hit his car on the way round and wipe it out...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

speak to the fire officer, they may have an interest if they cannot get an engine through to the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers john, the thing is they don't see what the problems is, they honestly don't think there is anything wrong with the way they park, if there is no spaces i will park my car at the top of the street and same with my wifes car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I clicked on link also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The vehicles should not be parked on the pavement
    You could report the vehicles for obstructive parking and you need to report these to the police directly
    It would be deemed as obstructive if a vehicle cannot pass

I had this in a council car park last year, where a BMW had parked in such a manner that I could not get out of my space without impacting the other vehicle
    The police attended (and were present within 15 minutes) and witnessed me damaging the other car as I made my way out of the space
    The owner of the other car was then reported for obstructive parking, my insurance paid out for all the costs
    Ironically, there was more damage on the BMW (along both doors) than on my car (front bumper)

Finally, you could petition the local authority to apply road markings for car parking spaces and loading restrictions along the road of limited access (as a fire path)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

no problem mate keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fire officer - exactly what I was going to say. What if they needed an ambulance down there?!

I always thought the police could have a car towed if it is causing an obstruction?

Most houses look like they have a driveway? The problem here is the street was designed before a lot of people had 2 or more cars. If you are that passionate about it, go and buy an old car for £50 and just scrape the hell out of them 2 or 3 times a day coming and going, leave the Vec in the drive for a few days!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

even double yellows round the perimeter rather than boxing the whole area. One of my neighbours has a boxed area in front of his garage that says no parking so hopefully its not too difficult to get it done.

m8internet - could the police not have towed the BMW rather than damage having to be done to both cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2009

Mileage : 42800

Looks like a few inconsiderate drivers there, i feel for you.

I've had quite some success with Fix My Street, but for other things, so fingers crossed for you.

Personally i would try a few things at the same time, which others have suggested :-

Inform the local Fire Station, i am sure they would be interested.

Keep telling the Police as this is a public road & causing an obstruction is a road traffic offence, maybe a few parking tickets would get their interest. If you complain to the Police enough times they will be forced to act.

Write a POLITE, informal letter to all you're neighbours, outlining the difficulty the emergency services would have accessing the parking area should their be parked cars blocking it, if you appeal to their conscience (if they have one!) you may have more success than sending a FAKE official letter trying to scare them into action.

If all else fails go the cheap heap option, damage a few of the nice shiny new cars with your wreck, they won't be parking there again in a hurry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

On your second pic with the green rover next to your astra. How the hell did they get out? they must have parked and climbed out of the passenger side?

If they are willing to do this then best of luck to you as they are clearly beyond all help. In a screwed up way they probably blame you in that pic for not leaving enough room for them to park - although thats not what i am thinking.

Buy an old big transit and force your way out

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information