Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Eek ha ha - dealership repair prices

well,

just got back from VX and the 2nd service. I know any garage can do the service, but I specifically wanted it done by a different VX dealer to where I bought it from because of noise coming from the back end.

Car went in to the bay and they did it while I waited, so I was fully prepared with some lube for the financial rodgering that was doubtless coming my way. I knew they would be extracting a sample of urine with their prices.
    True to form, about 20 mins later, the service manager beckons me over to tell me that the front pads need replacing because they are 50% worn,(£49.95) and the rear disks need replacing (£188) - All of this on a 2yr old car with 30K on the clock.

Don't think he was prepared for the fit of laughing that followed me declining their offer.

A rear disk set with pads costs £90 retail, but is only £55 on trade club so guess which parts price would have gone on the invoice - not the trade club price, that's for sure!!. Then there is the trade club subsidy that VX pay the dealer to re-imburse the difference between retail and trade price, meaning the dealer wins again!

Got some time off soon, so looks like i'll be taking the wheels off for the first time since i've owned it and doing the job myself

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Why the hell are they saying the front pads need replacing when they are 50% worn?!

Good on you for telling them to do one and as you've found the prices to get them yourself, especially with TC, are a helluva lot less. Dead easy job to do and you'll save your self ££££££££.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It is standard practice to replace the brake pads each year regardless for some lease companies as the car may do a massive mileage before it is next inspected/looked at. As your paying for it I guess this isn't the case!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats like your wife going to the doctor and them telling her shes only half preggers lol just think how many customers they must do that to why not just advise them they wil need changed in the very near future no wonder they get a bad name lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Pre Face, Colour Coded, CR Tech Box, Pipercross Panel filte, Blanked EGR :-)

Trim : Club

Engine : 1.9cdti 16v

Year : 2005

******** to the stealers i say. id never take my car there. i popped into my local stealers the other day for advice on a light on my car (car with a spanner verticaly going through it) to be told its a service light
    he looked a bit stupid when i showed him what the service light actualy looks like (oil can with a spanner going it). would have cost me £200 bucks for something i didnt need & the light still would have been there. either they were going to screw me over or they dont know what the hell they are on about. either way id steer clear of FRF Vauxhall Swansea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Why the hell are they saying the front pads need replacing when they are 50% worn?!
    exactly......... 30k and only 50% worn - suggests a bit more life in them yet methinks - even with my leaden right foot! - Brakes and tyres are to me the most important safety areas, which is why I requested a brake fluid change.
    I suppose new pads are a quick easy money earner for the dealer, just not for me today

Changing the relevant disks and pads myself will give me the incentive to paint the calipers and generally start getting the old girl clean underneath.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kabooboo View Post
    well,

just got back from VX and the 2nd service. I know any garage can do the service, but I specifically wanted it done by a different VX dealer to where I bought it from because of noise coming from the back end.

Car went in to the bay and they did it while I waited, so I was fully prepared with some lube for the financial rodgering that was doubtless coming my way. I knew they would be extracting a sample of urine with their prices.
    True to form, about 20 mins later, the service manager beckons me over to tell me that the front pads need replacing because they are 50% worn,(£49.95) and the rear disks need replacing (£188) - All of this on a 2yr old car with 30K on the clock.

Don't think he was prepared for the fit of laughing that followed me declining their offer.

A rear disk set with pads costs £90 retail, but is only £55 on trade club so guess which parts price would have gone on the invoice - not the trade club price, that's for sure!!. Then there is the trade club subsidy that VX pay the dealer to re-imburse the difference between retail and trade price, meaning the dealer wins again!

Got some time off soon, so looks like i'll be taking the wheels off for the first time since i've owned it and doing the job myself
    I bet their next customer got spit roasted just to make up for not taking you over the counter !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lol nigec

Thread Information