I apologise in advance for this thread as it is going to ask for a lot that has been asked and posted before. I have got the next two days free because as of next week, I will be away for 2-3 months. I plan to paint my calipers and non-contact parts of the discs in the next two days. Problem is - I have absolutely no idea what exactly I am doing. I watched Glen put my new brakes and alloys on, but that's where I'm at fault. I have no experience.
I have been through the How 2's, but there is so many of them and I don't know which one contains the right information. I have a few questions to ask you all.
1. Does the car have to be on flat ground for me to jack it up (as my car is on a very slight downward gradient)?
2. What tools will I need to be able to remove the calipers?
3. Do I need to open up the lid to the brake fluid and if so, when?
4. What part of the caliper do I NOT paint?
5. If there are any threads containing all of the above, would you be so kind as to show me?
Apart from that, I'm not sure what else I need to ask at the moment.
Your help is appreciated and it looks like it could take some time to reply to something like this.