Hi all

After months of a rattly dmf i decided to book the motor in to have it changed, done shed load of overtime to build up the funds as its meant to cost a bit

I didn't know what garage to go to so i went on a site called (The good garage scheme) found the nearest garage and went to them for a quote, the guy said he cant go quoting every1 who walks through the door or he'l not be getting any work done.
I thought this was fair enough, he said it would be a 5hour job and quoted his rate, adding that he dont know what parts will go in until its taken apart (i agrees with what he's saying)
so two weeks ago i booked it in for next fri (giving 3weeks) and asked him if he could give me a rough prices so i know roughly where i stand! he agrees with this and says he'l find out and give me a ring.

today comes and still aint heard off him, so i popped down there and he says he's (rather blazah) been busy and might get round to it in the week , i say no worries cheers n walks out.

I tamping about this n want to leave it until the day before and ring him up and cancel the job! thus leaving him with a empty garage for the day! am i wrong to do this to him???? if he cant be bothered ringing to find a few prices why should i be bothered showing up with my car on the day? also when i first booked it in and he asked what car it was i said a signum (like a vectra) he looks out the window and looks at my car and says what? that thing out there? didn't bother me at the time but re-thinking it now it just bugs me, as its my pride and joy ok it might not ne a fancy audi like he's got but its mine and i work hard for it gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

I called to another garage this afternoon and low n behold they give me a prices for the parts give or take and labour within 20mins!

I dont know what to do now as the first garage had much cheaper labour