Thread: Fuel pressure sensor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Fuel pressure sensor

Guess what, 18 months after having the tank flushed and various parts replaced (under warrenty) I pulled into the Vaux garage to get a new brake pad wear sensor and also book it in as the car with spanner icon appeared on the dash.

They told me that there was a modified fuel pressure sensor out and mine had to be replaced yet again, why they didn't call to say when it had been released I don't know.

Anyway, about to drive off and kerrrput....engine stops, no warning lights, nothing, just would not start and it's on their forecourt

Thankfully they arransged to have it replaced within a few hours, but with a 2 year old in the baking sun, it was not a happy sight!

I'm really losing patience with my Veccy, it's nearing the 'get rid' stage before it breaks down yet again.

Why Vaux don't inform 2.2Direct petrol engine owners of a new modified part that would save loads of people alot of hassle I do not know.

There, rant over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right, it's official, Vauxhall Vectras...nooo, probably all of the Vauxhall range, are utter arse gravey...sorry to be soo graphic but this is the worse car I have ever had the displeasure to own!...End of!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cya

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry, but it's only from personal experience! I've had several makes of cars, but my Vaux Veccy has to be the worst car I have ever had the displeasure to own!! Unreliable...doesn't even scrape the surface, especially with a toddler in toe...and the car is only 5 years oldd...ffs!

And what's this, a bit of negativity and ...'cya'...sorry, but the truth hurts!
    Last edited by Eminox; 6th June 2010 at 21:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yep there is a recall for the 2.2 pessure regulator but there not shouting about it if u get what im saying oh by the way the fuel pumps go to and there prone to snapping chains old and new yep i own a 2.2 to

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Recall....my arse...as you state...when you break down then they act!! I'm sorry hoochdady, but having the car 28 months and it being back to the steelers soooo many times with the same f*****g problem...i.e. 'oh it's a 2.2 direct petorl...it'll be the fuel pressure sensor'...with a 2 year old toddler doesn't really equate. The last time was the last!

I've had a gut full of Vauxhall's s***e...why not contact 2.2 Direct owners when a modification is released, instead of waiting for me to break down, with a 2 year old in summer temps???...Doesn't make any sense.

As I say, it has been an unpleasant experince!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sorry to hear your probs but most of the 2.2 owners never have any bother with them

cars are mechanical and they do break down from time to time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Eminox View Post
    Sorry, but it's only from personal experience! I've had several makes of cars, but my Vaux Veccy has to be the worst car I have ever had the displeasure to own!! Unreliable...doesn't even scrape the surface, especially with a toddler in toe...and the car is only 5 years oldd...ffs!

And what's this, a bit of negativity and ...'cya'...sorry, but the truth hurts!
    No, just not interested in you slagging them off. If you don't like it sell it and vanish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

to be honest i hear where ur coming from i to own a 2,2 mine is making a small tapping noise on start up pos chain on it way out i have had the pressure reg done god knows what has been done to it before i got the car lol mine is just over 3 years old got it at 2 year 7 months 22 odd k on it its now got just over 27 odds your not alone mate there is only a few issues with the 2,2s 1 fuel pump/ 2 fuel reg/ 3 chain probs/as far as im aware if u like the car fix it if u dont have trust in the car sell it but every car u get will have problems at 1 time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Big Sig...I apologise if I insulted you in anyway, long day, screaming two yearold who's stressed and a broken down car...not a good mix. But it is the most unreliable car I've ever owned, I have to say that! The Astra I had before, no problems, ****** nice car actually, but this particular model and the aftersales service and response from Vauxhall themselves has been pretty poor, to say the least! And to have a 'fix' or a modified part to resolve a known problem but not care to tell current owners who's had numerous problems in the past but wait for them to break down...poor..very poor. Trust me, it's going...fast!

hoochdaddy....a very true word said, any car will have it's problems but the thing is, and we told the dealers this when they sourced this car, our son was on his way, we have a dog and we needed a big reliable car, and this is what we bought from them....from that point onwards it's been a fight all the way to get them to act.

The fuel pressure sensor alone has been replaced half a dozen times in the last 2 years, and it's always supermarket fuel that's to fault, never Vauxhall! Not that there's dozens of other cars breaking down due to 'cheap' fuel...no...only a 2.2 Direct engined Vauxhall....how does that work out?

My apologies to all, body, chassis and drive cannot be faulted, they are good cars, I've been dealt a bad hand, and mud sticks as they say!
    Last edited by Eminox; 7th June 2010 at 20:41.

Thread Information