User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Can someone please explain why!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member thefibreguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    bedford
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Can someone please explain why!!!!!!!!!

    Guys,

    I am only a recent VX owner. Its a 1.9 cdti Auto 06 Facelift 'Club' model, with 36k on the clock.

    The only engine mod to date, is a K&N filter, & air-box mod.

    On starting up, from cold, its idle is lumpy, like its 'missing'. I generally do not notice the lag problems between 1.5k & 2k revs, but it comes & goes, but overall, I am happy with the drive, & it seems to pull ok, for an auto!!.

    My question is

    A) What are the major symptoms of a blocked/failing EGR valve?

    B) What major symptoms do I need to look out for, that the '3rd injector' rewiring will cure.

    I do spent a lot of time looking back thru old threads, everyone says what they have done, but rarely, why they had to do!!

    Thanks, in advance.

    Regards

  2. #2
    Regular Member markm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could be Injector No3 failing, there is a small mod that can be done for about £15 from the dealers for a DIY job,

    I'm sure someone will ba along soon with some other options thou

  3. #3
    Full Member GazVXLINE170's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The EGR valve sticking usually give poor lowdown performance and a hesitation at 2,000rpm.


    As for the injector loom the engine may develope the following:

    1. Occasional misfire
    2. May shut down altogether
    3. Juddering typically between 2000-3000rpm.

    I'm getting mines done at the dealer - all for £45.

    Gazza4
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Derek Mc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sodding Typical on Sea
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HAve a look on here at the EGR symptoms and also the very long post on the DIY oil catch tank post as it is a longer term fix for this as well.

  5. #5
    Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder GARY3306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ashington, Northumberland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    markm gets my backing with this one. Mega common fault and will give you those 'exact' symptoms. I used to have a 1.9 and that had the shakes at idle, did the mod, solved it. I did my mates 1.9 with the same fault, fixed and I've done about 3 at work. The kit will cost you a tenner from the dealer and will sort out your problem. It is also a good idea to remove the EGR and give it a clean out but if its bad enough to have made it stick shut, then your EML would have come on. Good luck

    EDIT: Take the connector off number 3 injector and look closely at the two contacts inside the plug, now take the connector off number 2 or 4, doesn't matter and compare them. The No. 3 one will appear dirtier and blacker/burnt than the No. 4 one which will be nice and clean
    [SIGPIC]VX<font color=Red>R</font> with added Courtenay <img src=https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.png border=0 alt= title=Big Grin class=inlineimg />

  6. #6
    Full Member GazVXLINE170's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GARY3306 View Post
    EDIT: Take the connector off number 3 injector and look closely at the two contacts inside the plug, now take the connector off number 2 or 4, doesn't matter and compare them. The No. 3 one will appear dirtier and blacker/burnt than the No. 4 one which will be nice and clean
    Does the 3rd injector connection fault start to cause issues with the 4th then subsequently the 2nd? As when I went in to book mine the dealer asked if I wanted all 4 done?

    I said no as I dont beilieve No. 4 is causing issues yet.

    What exactly is the injector loom fault, ie what causes the connector to go dirty?

    Gazza4
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

  7. #7
    Full Member merikiito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    Does the 3rd injector connection fault start to cause issues with the 4th then subsequently the 2nd? As when I went in to book mine the dealer asked if I wanted all 4 done?

    I said no as I dont beilieve No. 4 is causing issues yet.

    What exactly is the injector loom fault, ie what causes the connector to go dirty?

    Gazza4
    Its only number 3 that is effected. It is possible that if caused by the flow of air/rain/dust/heat etc that comes in from the bonnet and the way it channels over injector 3 plug. I had all mine done just in case but to honest you can get away with just no.3
    Lois Griffin: Peter! You're bribing your daughter with a car?
    Peter Griffin: Ah, c'mon, Lois, isn't 'bribe' just another word for 'love'?

  8. #8
    Full Member GazVXLINE170's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merikiito View Post
    Its only number 3 that is effected. It is possible that if caused by the flow of air/rain/dust/heat etc that comes in from the bonnet and the way it channels over injector 3 plug. I had all mine done just in case but to honest you can get away with just no.3
    Cheers m8

    Did you notice any change in performance when you had yours done?

    Gazza4
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

  9. #9
    Full Member merikiito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    Cheers m8

    Did you notice any change in performance when you had yours done?

    Gazza4
    Well it was only firing on 3 cylinders before it was done so yes I did notice an improvement in performance

    Mine issue started all of a sudden, pulled up at lights after a 200 mile journey and the car decided it didnt want to go any further. Switched off engine, restarted and all was fine for 2-3 mins then started misfiring again and engine shut down. It would happen randomly until it was fixed the following day at VX. £127 for them to change all the injector plugs. Would have done it myself but was up to my eyeballs with work. They took me home and collected me when it was finished so well done my local dealer!
    Lois Griffin: Peter! You're bribing your daughter with a car?
    Peter Griffin: Ah, c'mon, Lois, isn't 'bribe' just another word for 'love'?

  10. #10
    Full Member GazVXLINE170's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merikiito View Post
    Well it was only firing on 3 cylinders before it was done so yes I did notice an improvement in performance

    Mine issue started all of a sudden, pulled up at lights after a 200 mile journey and the car decided it didnt want to go any further. Switched off engine, restarted and all was fine for 2-3 mins then started misfiring again and engine shut down. It would happen randomly until it was fixed the following day at VX. £127 for them to change all the injector plugs. Would have done it myself but was up to my eyeballs with work. They took me home and collected me when it was finished so well done my local dealer!
    Cheers bud, mines started the same day I put additive in so you can imagine what went through my mind - goosed injectors - but this was eliminated when, after a series of violent judders it died on the motorway. I pulled into car park off of the motorway, and after remembering what happened to another CDTI owner, I took the third injector loom off and blew on the plug and hey, it worked for 20miles but the symptoms came back with avengance.

    And it took 10mins to convince the dealer to change mine as they wondered 'how it was diagnosed' - they got the same story.

    I had the wire and plug cleaned which corrected it for a week but it misfiures and I want a fully functioning CDTI 150 again

    Gazza4
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. some 1 please explain
    By nath-lav in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 23rd February 2013, 21:21
  2. please explain
    By neill in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th January 2012, 00:25
  3. Can someone please explain ?
    By john1 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd December 2011, 09:48
  4. can someone explain this
    By Gr4eme in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19th March 2009, 21:47
  5. car tax ? can anyone explain ?
    By STAV in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 14th April 2008, 19:30

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •