User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Needed Please With My Car's ID.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Its not uncommon for cars to be registered wrongly with the DVLA. It can be changed to the correct model by getting a letter from the manufacturer stating the correct model, then contact your local DVLA office, they will want to inspect the car (just an identity check chassis number etc). then you will be issued with a rectified logbook.

I had the same with mine, registered as a Life, but definately an Elite. I contacted Vauxhall by phone first to confirm the model, then changed in pen the details on the V5 the DVLA sent me, signed it and sent it back , within a few days I received a letter from the DVLA requesting a letter from the manufacturer (Vauxhall) to confirm the model.
    Fortunately the Vauxhall representative I spoke to first had the foresight to arrange this letter and once it arrived I sent it onto the DVLA (after taking a copy of course), it was all sorted within two weeks.

One important factor is ensure it is insured as an Elegance and not an SRI, insurance companies get there details form the DVLA and if it's registered wrong there obviously the insurance company will have the wrong details from your registration and you never know how or what they will use to squirm out of paying you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

IT IS NOT WRONG

VX did the pre-facelift 2.0T in Elegance trim until late 2003/early 2004 when it was replaced by the 2.0T Design. All facelift 2.0T's are SRI's. The Edition100 is a special limited edition of the 2.0T SRI.

I used to have an Edition100. Also I remember being left for dead in my Edition `100 by an Elegance that I had overtaken on a motorway. I realised how he had managed to keep up with and pass me when I saw the 2.0T badge on the rear of his car. No wonder he had a smile on his face as he passed me.

Yes, as Elegance trim it is not sporty-looking, and does not have lowered sports suspension or 17" wheels, and it has hidden tailpipes, but I assure you it is a true 2.0T.

VX also did the pre-facelift 2.0T in Elite trim, which had all the toys, but, like the Elegance (and the Design that replaced it), was not sporty.

Hope that answers your query, mate.
    Last edited by john_k_sri; 4th June 2010 at 11:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    IT IS NOT WRONG

VX did the pre-facelift 2.0T in Elegance trim until late 2003/early 2004 when it was replaced by the 2.0T Design. All facelift 2.0T's are SRI's. The Edition100 is a special limited edition of the 2.0T SRI.

I used to have an Edition100. Also I remember being left for dead in my Edition `100 by an Elegance that I had overtaken on a motorway. I realised how he had managed to keep up with and pass me when I saw the 2.0T badge on the rear of his car. No wonder he had a smile on his face as he passed me.

Yes, as Elegance trim it is not sporty-looking, and does not have lowered sports suspension or 17" wheels, and it has hidden tailpipes, but I assure you it is a true 2.0T.

VX also did the pre-facelift 2.0T in Elite trim, which had all the toys, but, like the Elegance (and the Design that replaced it), was not sporty.

Hope that answers your query, mate.
    I just knew John would be along with the answer.

I've just remembered that my old Citroen ZX Turbo D was originally wrong on the log book and I had to get that changed. they just put it down as a ZX D, no reference to the Turbo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

[quote=John C S;1267959]I just knew John would be along with the answer./quote]

Just had to reply John.

I did omit something though.

Pre-facelift 2.0T's were also produced in SXI trim, which like the Elegance were not sporty until late 2003/early 2004, when they were 'sportified' with SRI-style sports front bumper and front fogs, dark-style lights and lowered sports suspension and twin visible rear tailpipes, all of which was part of a makeover of the pre-facelift range, when Elegance trim was replaced by Design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

that is 100% not an edition 100 SRI. And it is not the first time i have seen this happen. There was a green car the exact same model as yours that was advertised as an edition 100 on ebay and when i ran a vin check it came back as an edition 100 even though it obviously was not.
    It must be a balls up when registering the vehicle from new and if i were you i would contact the dvla and get it changed because you are paying a higher insurance premium than you need to be for that car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    that is 100% not an edition 100 SRI. And it is not the first time i have seen this happen. There was a green car the exact same model as yours that was advertised as an edition 100 on ebay and when i ran a vin check it came back as an edition 100 even though it obviously was not.
    It must be a balls up when registering the vehicle from new and if i were you i would contact the dvla and get it changed because you are paying a higher insurance premium than you need to be for that car.
    No, unmodified 2.0T Edition 100 is same insurance group as all other 2.0T except the Elite (which was only on pre-facelift). I should know, I had one for four and a half years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok, so by popular censuss this is an elegence with the wrong logbook description.

So is the edition 100 worth more than the elegence cos it might be better to bring the car upto the logbook spec?

My intention was to 'sport it up' a bit anyway.

What do you think?

I've done a HPI check on the reg and it comes up as a clean Ed 100.

I'm now happy it's not a ringer as all the numbers add up to the log book and the online mot history.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    No, unmodified 2.0T Edition 100 is same insurance group as all other 2.0T except the Elite (which was only on pre-facelift). I should know, I had one for four and a half years.
    Thats mental. How do insurance companys work out there policys these days.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Try this
    Go to a dealership and ask what type of suspension it has; standard or sports
    They will need the VIN number

Can you confirm whether you based your valuation on the V5 or the actual trim and vehicle condition?

The car looks "well worn" and I have seen better cars for £2250 at 95K miles
    My car is on 110K miles and still looks "as new", no marks on the steering wheels or foot pedals (the brake pedal is the usual giveaway of high mileage)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Can you confirm whether you based your valuation on the V5 or the actual trim and vehicle condition?

The car looks "well worn" and I have seen better cars for £2250 at 95K miles
    My car is on 110K miles and still looks "as new", no marks on the steering wheels or foot pedals (the brake pedal is the usual giveaway of high mileage)
    TBH this car was bought in a rush. I was after a petrol turbo engined vec and this was the cheapest one I could find on the net and I liked the colour. All the rest were over 3k.
    I had it delivered so didn't see it till it arrived.

I never usually buy a car this way but the mot and tax was up on my vec b gsi and a few bit's needed to be done first. I left it till the last week as I've been real busy and just had to get a car quick.

I agree it looks worn for the milage but it's only had 2 previous owners so they must have been hard drivers lol. All the previous mot milage checks out and it has fsh upto it was sold to the second owner at about 54k.

It won't stay this as for long anyways - I always mod my cars to what I want them to look like so this will be up for a facelift soon

Look out for my wanted ad's in the future lol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information