Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Squeaky 314's...

Now ever since my 314's were fitted I've been getting a strange squeaking noise, it doesn't do it all the time, and you can hear it with the window open, its not under braking as you can hear as your moving along without touching the brakes.

Any ideas???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a problem like this, id get it in a straight line, but if I turned a corner or touched the brakes, the noise would go, but then quickly come back... They also got really hot! It was as if they were binding (Just the drivers side).

I copper greased everything, stripped them, cleaned them, new pads, checked for stones etc....

With mine NOTHING would get rid of it! Then I managed to get another set from a Saab / Ford Garage on Ebay for £35 LOL. No noise anymore! LOL

Is the drivers or passengers hotter than the other side?

Really hope you get it sorted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think its the drivers one, I remember just over a month ago coming home from work in it and the drivers side brakes seemed a tad hot. I'll have to check with Penfold and see if he had the same issue as they are from his Signum

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Check the back plates mate, one may just be touching and as the disc heats up and swells it will start to squeal

Had this on mine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post
    Check the back plates mate, one may just be touching and as the disc heats up and swells it will start to squeal

Had this on mine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john.robertson2 View Post
    I was just ignoring your post lol.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I had this problem, everyone was pointing to the Copper Grease issue... not enough on the back of the pads...

However, I know for a fact that it was because the drivers side caliper piston wouldnt retract fully after braking. It got to the point where the Engine Management light would come on and put the car into safe mode. The drivers brake stank after a quick 20 minute drive and developed a large lip after a short distance.

Even with these new calipers I have now, although they dont stick and do work fine, I think that using the old ones or not having bleed them correctly may have damaged the braking servo or something as they just dont feel much better than my old 302's and when Im at a stand still, if I keep my foot on the pedal, it gos to the floor until I pump it 3 or 4 times. Although they obviously stop me fine. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by n_hudson View Post
    When I had this problem, everyone was pointing to the Copper Grease issue... not enough on the back of the pads...

However, I know for a fact that it was because the drivers side caliper piston wouldnt retract fully after braking. It got to the point where the Engine Management light would come on and put the car into safe mode. The drivers brake stank after a quick 20 minute drive and developed a large lip after a short distance.

Even with these new calipers I have now, although they dont stick and do work fine, I think that using the old ones or not having bleed them correctly may have damaged the braking servo or something as they just dont feel much better than my old 302's and when Im at a stand still, if I keep my foot on the pedal, it gos to the floor until I pump it 3 or 4 times. Although they obviously stop me fine. LOL
    Tbh mine are working fine, I know they have no copper grease on them at all, not had any funny smells and they only appeared to have got hot just that one time.

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by n_hudson View Post

It might be worth looking in to that sometime mate, as the 314's when working properly should stop you on a dime. I've never tried a set of 302's so I can't comment on the difference between the 2, but the difference between the 314 and the 285 setups was huge...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The 302's are a massive improvement on the 285's but you are only going up another 12mm to 314's. The difference between the two wouldn't be night and day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information