Thread: Split the gallery up? your thoughts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Split the gallery up? your thoughts

Just had one of those ‘ideas’ you get while reading a thread on here. What are members thoughts on us splitting the ‘quick photo gallery’ up a bit. Ie put all the sri’s together, all the elites, all the Gsi’s and all the lower spec models, maybe split the signums off etc? that way its easy to see comparative cars and mods people have done. The main ‘nice picture’ gallery would stay as mixed as its more about the setting and picture composure than the car.

Good, bad? Its over to you.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think the site is split enough and navigating around it is more difficult than others, on the other hand when you get to a secion you want every thing is there, I am split but think the way it is gives everyones cars a better view as most people would go straight to the SRi`s / GSi`s and may miss out the lower spec cars ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree we are fairly split up already and personally I think we have afew too many sections as it takes ages to scroll down lol.

The intention was for eg, Im more interested in seeing other Elites and what people have done to them as a lot of the sri mods, I cant do. Maybe, split it into three groups, Sport models, Luxury & Base Models, Signums?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think its a good idea, it can take time to find what your looking for sometimes

I don't think the lower spec models will lose out, people will usually look at cars similar to theirs to see what others have done, I was the same when I had my LS last year.

while sri's are very popular there's still plently of life, club, design, elegance, and breeze models, on the site. (probably missed some sorry)

just my opinion

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Keep it as it is. As Tommy has said you don't more child forums and sub sections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Like Andy has said, some mods don't apply to all. I have the SXI, but it has standard bumpers. These were only changed on the later versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Okay... rather than creating a new sub forum, how about putting 3 "stickies" at the top of the quick photo album... one for each of the categories Andy has suggested... people could still create their own threads for their new modifications to be critiqued by the rest of us, but then they duplicate the pictures into the sticky thread, ad these sticky threads would be like a 'photo-glossary' of available mods, with a little detail of cost and difficulty, but not for people to reply to. Any replies made in this thread (except those with mod pictures) would have to be deleted or moved to the appropriate thread to keep the Sticky clean!?!?

Not sure if any of that made sense to anyone else, but it works in my head!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie1979
    Okay... rather than creating a new sub forum, how about putting 3 "stickies" at the top of the quick photo album... one for each of the categories Andy has suggested... people could still create their own threads for their new modifications to be critiqued by the rest of us, but then they duplicate the pictures into the sticky thread, ad these sticky threads would be like a 'photo-glossary' of available mods, with a little detail of cost and difficulty, but not for people to reply to. Any replies made in this thread (except those with mod pictures) would have to be deleted or moved to the appropriate thread to keep the Sticky clean!?!?

Not sure if any of that made sense to anyone else, but it works in my head!

EEHHH ????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Jamie has obviously had a long night shift

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by PIMM
    EEHHH ????
    What he just said! Also, the duplication of images would impact on our bandwidth as well.

I can see the idea behind Andy's suggestion, but I think it may be splitting up the sections up too much. We do have a lot of sections/sub-sections at the moment on the forum in general - but this is what makes this forum so much easier to navigate than others. There may be more sections than other forums, but you can find exactly the right section to start posting in or looking for something. Comments by members has confirmed this.

I, personally, think the Quick Photo Album should be just that. Somewhere where you can delve into to see quick pics of people's cars, mods etc. Splitting it up may just make it more difficult to browse around - just my tuppence.

But if loads of people think it's a good idea to split then we'll obviously take it on board.

D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information