0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vauxhall vectra 2007 reg 1.8sri leaking oil

I bought a vauxhall vectra 1.8 sri in june 2008 from cargiant.In january of this year 2010 it developed an oil leak.I took the car into my local vauxhall dealer and it was repaired.I asked the dealer what was wrong and they told me that the fault has been repaired and has been logged on to vauxhalls data base.Just recently I noticed oil leaking around the top cover of the engine.I rang the garage that repaired it back in january and I was told they were very busy and cannot book it in till about a week later.I phoned another dealership around my area and took my car in to them.I have been told that the oil is leaking from bottom of the engine.When I bought the car it had only done 18000 miles.The mileage on the car now is 44000 miles.Could anyone tell me why this fault has been developed on a car that has only done 44000 miles from new.The garage that the car is at present time has told me that the first time it had an oil leak it was roker cover gasket and this time it is something else.The warranty on the car runs out in june of this year.I am not very happy about this as I paid £8500 for this car when I bought it.Could I make a complaint to some organization regarding this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oil leaks and other leaks are just pot luck and can happen at anytime due to a number of reasons. The rocker cover gasket can be a common one to get weepy on most cars.

I got my GSI at 30k miles and within a year it had an oil leak (crankshaft oil seal), a coolant leak which turned out to be the heat exchanger and finnaly the head gasket went on it all within 6k miles. Luckily i got a 2 year warranty with the car and since then ive had a year trouble free.

Is it the rocker cover gasket thats away leaking for a second time then put in a parts warranty claim as its failed within a few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your not alone my 06 plate with just 24k on it had leaks from 16k, on the driveshafts and camshafts. The one on the camshaft that I had done at 20k, because of where it was got the cambelt done too, a right pain in the backside but its been good since. I got fed up with Vauxhall and got it done at a local garage and pleased I did.

Thread Information