Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default vectra c gsi steering fault

my 2005 gsi 3.2 has developed an intermittent worsening problem where the power steering fault symbol comes on on the second iginition click even before i crank the engine over and did originally take just one restart to put the light out, now it can take up to 5 restarts and the traction light also comes on and takes 1 more restart to put that out, it doesnt happen every time either when the codes are read its a can/bus communication loss problem and it never fails once started and lights are out, i have done a trip of 3 hours without failure, its only on starting, hot or cold. have checked the pas pump,engine and boot fuseboards and abs pump connectors for corrosion/water/damaged, no faults found.
    Anyone had similar problems, cant seem to find any wiring diagrams to trace the can/bus wiring from the abs and pas pumps to its source in the car where i think it starts its signal ? the codes present are U2103-NP AND U2111-NP

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pugmania1958 View Post
    my 2005 gsi 3.2 has developed an intermittent worsening problem where the power steering fault symbol comes on on the second iginition click even before i crank the engine over and did originally take just one restart to put the light out, now it can take up to 5 restarts and the traction light also comes on and takes 1 more restart to put that out, it doesnt happen every time either when the codes are read its a can/bus communication loss problem and it never fails once started and lights are out, i have done a trip of 3 hours without failure, its only on starting, hot or cold. have checked the pas pump,engine and boot fuseboards and abs pump connectors for corrosion/water/damaged, no faults found.
    Anyone had similar problems, cant seem to find any wiring diagrams to trace the can/bus wiring from the abs and pas pumps to its source in the car where i think it starts its signal ? the codes present are U2103-NP AND U2111-NP
    tonight i tried it again and once again the steering symbol came on before cranking with the other warning lights, the abs light then went into a flash sequence, like code numbers, i thought it flashed 213 and 214 ? does it have a flash code system ? once cranked the second restart corrected the fault and it will not reoccur. thought i couldnt hear the relay clonk in the engine bay board which puts the abs and traction light out first time i tried it, am going to recheck next time its faulting. tried to find a workshop manual with wiring layouts/component positions , ie haynes etc but they exclude the 3.2 model on the up to oct 1995 facelift book. does most of the vectra c vehicles have abs/traction/pas ?

Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Could this be caused by a load of crap in the ABS plug under bonnet ? sure some of the symptoms are the same

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default vectra c gsi steering fault

Did remove the connector on the abs unit and couldnt see any corrosion/water. the fault seems to only effect the power steering operation and the 2 main codes both point to can/bus communication failure on the abs/pas system. trying to find where the signal starts its journey on the can/bus system which i wondered if it was from the cim unit under the steering column ? but cannot find anything anywhere showing wiring routes/layout on my vehicle .
    Wondered if this system is used on most of the other vectra models up to facelift as there is a haynes manual for general vectra c's just not certain engine types including mine.
    Thanks for your comments i will recheck everything people tell me and hopefully i will find the fault. dont think its a component, just a connection somewhere given its characteristics.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi
    I Have a steering fault with my 2004 vectra sxi diesel,the rack is not working,no oil leaks visable,electrics seem OK.Vehicle driving ok parked ,apon return two hours later power steering not working any help please
    Eric

Thread Information