User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Signum helpful answers needed please :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Buying a Signum helpful answers needed please :)

HI All,

My first post and I'd like to say I have searched this great forum for a buyers guide but couldnt find one, infact I found a post asking the very same thing and the replies said there isn't actually a buyers guide but to post away... so here i go.

(I have done a bit of research on 'the web' but need confirmation from the experts) but excuse my total ignorance)

I have about 4k to spend and have decided on a pterol 2.2 or 2.0T

1 - Am I correct in saying the 2.2 is naturally aspirated about 150bhp (no turbo) and the 2.0T about 170bhp (has a turbo) ?

2 - I do fancy the 20.T i guess it will have slightly worse mpg than the 2.2 (not that it matters as I will be doing less than 10k a year)

3 - I know there is Design, Elegance and Elite models, is it worth going for Elite as far as i can see the main difference it has over the other two is COLOUR stanav, climate control and full leather and the full fancy rear centre console with fridge and other funky bits?

4 - I've read (unles i dreamt it) the 2.0t engine is built by SAAB and has a chain instead of a 'normal' timing 'belt' - is this true and what is the major advantage of a chain over a belt? I gues it still needs changing/tightening

5 - Is the 2.0T 6 speed?

6 - Some websites say the car is ISOFIX ready, does this mean it HAS the anchor points built in (so i can clip in and go) OR do you have to buy them at extra cost and fit them?

Ummmm i thinks thats it for now, thanks for anyone who replies and again apologies if the above has been asked a million times before, i did search honest.

cheers
    MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1 - 2.2 is natural aspirated and 2.0T is turbocharged... think the 2.0T is closer to 175Bhp... although mine is superchipped and kicks out 210Bhp

2 - Depends on how you drive it... I have a heavy right foot and my 2.0T so poor mog

3 - Again i've got the Elite and as far as I know SatNav was an optional extra. Well mine doesn't have it anyway!

4 - the 2.0T does have a chain rather than a belt so shouldn't need changing

5 - Yes it is 6 speed.

6 - Isofix is built into the car and is not available as an extra to add afterwards. Again mine has the ISOFIX anchors and they work like a dream

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers for the reply!

3 - Again i've got the Elite and as far as I know SatNav was an optional extra. Well mine doesn't have it anyway!
    thats mad, ive read a few times that they all have satnav just the elite has colour, must be wrong then and it is an optional extra (i thought it might be)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi. I have a 2.2 direct which is 150bhp, although mine is an auto I still get about 23mpg around town and about 36-40mpg on a run. Mine is a 2006 Elegance model which has colour sat nav. If you're patient and shop around you shoud get a face lift model for 4k. good luck with the hunt, I dont think you'll regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1 - Am I correct in saying the 2.2 is naturally aspirated about 150bhp (no turbo) and the 2.0T about 170bhp (has a turbo) ?

Yes thats correct.

2 - I do fancy the 20.T i guess it will have slightly worse mpg than the 2.2 (not that it matters as I will be doing less than 10k a year)

Depends how its driven but there isn't much in it.

3 - I know there is Design, Elegance and Elite models, is it worth going for Elite as far as i can see the main difference it has over the other two is COLOUR stanav, climate control and full leather and the full fancy rear centre console with fridge and other funky bits?

The Elite or Design are the ones to get imo. The design has half leather and dark windows, slightly lower and a sportier set up. The Elite wallows about but has full leather and heated front seats.
    The Rear fridge - travel assistant - was only standard on the elites in the early years iirc. The later ones are all cost options. They can be retro fitted in most cases fairly easilly. It all depends on what year you get as to what was standard, although some have all the options ticked.

4 - I've read (unles i dreamt it) the 2.0t engine is built by SAAB and has a chain instead of a 'normal' timing 'belt' - is this true and what is the major advantage of a chain over a belt? I gues it still needs changing/tightening

Its a Chain, should be good for 100k+ although its not unknown for them to need changing.
    5 - Is the 2.0T 6 speed?

Yes I believe so.

6 - Some websites say the car is ISOFIX ready, does this mean it HAS the anchor points built in (so i can clip in and go) OR do you have to buy them at extra cost and fit them?

Yes they all have the isofix anchor points.

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Only on the 06 models onwards was colour satnav standard on all models. You will find some 55 plate designs on a facelift but with the monochrome screen...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The sat nav is crap anyway, only 5 digit postcodes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I thought the 2.2 Vectra engines had a cam chain?
    Was told the others halfs vectra SRi has one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarmanaic View Post
    I thought the 2.2 Vectra engines had a cam chain?
    Was told the others halfs vectra SRi has one.
    They do, see post #2 & #5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcsignum View Post
    Hi. I have a 2.2 direct which is 150bhp, although mine is an auto I still get about 23mpg around town and about 36-40mpg on a run.
    For that kind of mpg you might as well get a petrol V6!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    The sat nav is crap anyway, only 5 digit postcodes.
    Seconded, but if you have the NCDC head unit it doesn't even have a postcode option, making it even more crap!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information