Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a grandparent dreads

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I live in Scotland and mine and my mrs families both live in northern ireland, we are only here for university tho but we have a 2yr old son and its been a long 2yrs for our families as he is the first grandchild on both sides but has only been home a few times as we had to head str8 back over to scotland not long after he was born. They come over to see us but is only once or twice a yr.
    My mrs graduates in june and then we will be heading home for good and we cant wait. I felt really bad taking him to scotland, away from everyone but we had to finish our degrees for his sake.
    I feel for families that are spread all over and rarely see eachother, good job n.ireland is an incey wincey place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by silverhairedracer View Post
    It has been on the cards for a while ever since my divorced daughter met a new fella,she has been spending just about every week end with him at his house which is in Kent,she has now told us that she is moving in with him,which I am pleased about as every one deserves some happyness,the down side is that we will not see the grandaughter as much as we have,my wife and I collect her from school 4 times a week,maybe we have been spoilt up untill now it is going to get a lot of getting use to, going to set up a web cam so we can chat to her and so she can see our dog who she dotes on,
    When the school term finishes in july and she has her normal birthday [9 this year]barbeque at our house they will move so she starts her new school on september.

you sound like brilliant grand parents..! my wife and i have two girls aged 6yrs and 17months my mum has our oldest now and again and the youngest for a few hours now and then, which is a big help but my wifes mum isnt interested, when we asked her why, she fell out with us and printed a page off the net about why grandparents shouldnt be bumped off with grand kids..! my dad helped out when he was alive but he died young so we have to rely on my mum for all the help we need,

all i can say is i wish our family were as good as you sound...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information