Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default House Search Area Info...

Folks,

Just some independant opinions are sought in this thread.

I am searching for a house and have seen a few. I have seen one that sticks out for me. I have been onto upmystreet and have pulled some info off, I just want to know what you guys think of the area info....and how else can I determine what the area is like?

Reason I am being extra cautious is because of my young child....I want it to be safe and secure as well as respectable. I have had a drive around the area a few time's but more so during light....will do a dark/night drive and see whats going on and will also have a chat to the neighbours.

During the day and evening, the areas was very quiet, not many people walking around...usually id say thats a good thing, unless theya re too scraed to come out !

Here's the upmystreet info....

NEIGHBOURS & NEIGHBOURHOOD:
    Often, many of the people who live in this sort of postcode will be mature families living in suburban semis. These are known as type 29 in the ACORN classification and 3.28% of the UK's population live in this type.

Neighbourhoods fitting this profile are found in Outer London in Bexley, Havering and Sutton as well as in Dartford, Watford, Stockport, Solihull and the Wirral.
    Empty nesters and couples with older children give a firmly middle-aged feel to this type. Homes tend to be semi-detached and employment is more likely to be in office or clerical jobs. Many women work part-time now that their children are older or have left home. This supplements the family income, so earnings are above average.

Over time these families have built up investments in ISAs, stocks and shares or in a savings account. Many have also paid off their mortgage, so have equity in their house. For financial transactions they are most comfortable with the face-to-face contact at a building society or bank branch, rather than using direct channels such as the Internet. The company pension is an important provision for the later years of these householder’s lives.

These people watch a lot of TV but also enjoy an occasional meal out in a restaurant. They have the money to take regular holidays, perhaps a winter sun break as well as a summer holiday.

The Daily Express and Daily Mail are the most popular newspapers.

Car ownership is above average with a mid-range family saloon a popular choice. Around a third of households can afford to run two cars.

CRIME:
    Crime is tackled locally by Crime & Disorder Reduction Partnerships (CDRPs). These are a partnership of the police, local authorities and other organisations whose aim is to tackle crime and disorder on a local level.

COUNCIL TAX:

I know this doesnt tell you much and means nothing in terms of face value, but whats your thoughts, does it seem livable and normal?

The property itself is a 3-bed semi, through lounge with section seperated to form dining area, decent sized kitchen, with a seperate utility/sun room at the rear, shared driveway with a recessed side/rear garage, larger than normal shared drive space, front garden which can be converted into off road parkking for 2 car's.

Thanks.

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri

Engine : 140 Ecoflex S/S

Year : 2013

Suggestion - walk into any shop in the area and simply ask if anyone lives locally. If yes, and the area's good, people generally can't stop talking but a bad area all you'll get are short negative comments.

It's free and doesn't take much time to get a feel for the area.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by gtr1000 View Post
    Suggestion - walk into any shop in the area and simply ask if anyone lives locally. If yes, and the area's good, people generally can't stop talking but a bad area all you'll get are short negative comments.

It's free and doesn't take much time to get a feel for the area.

That is a very good idea and it will work wonders for you. Goodluck mate buying a house is a big thing and getting it right is important.

Thread Information