Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default EHPS fault

Thought I'd post this here as well as in general troubleshooting, not sure which catagory it should go under, sorry in advance if this is misposted here.

First problem with my Vectra arose Saturday morning, left home for work and after half a mile my EHPS warning symbol appeared in the small display at the bottom of the rev counter (Steering wheel image and an ! ). No other warnings and no loss of steering assist, the car feels no different to drive. I picked up some CHF11S from hellfrauds and topped up the resevoir when I got home that evening, it was bellow the minimum line, just. It's now on maximum. The light is still on though.

I've read a few threads regarding problems with the EHPS, most relate to a problem with the CIM when the steering warning is coupled with the EPS light. I'm doubtful that I have anything so serious going on but before I get further into it, does anyone know if I need to get the warning symbol cleared? I would have thought if it was down to the fluid level, the warning would reset after top up but I don't take anything for granted with Vx.

Any pointers would be apreciated

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if the fault was low level and the problems has been rectified - then 20 clean starts - or battery disconnection should clear the warning

if you clear the warning and it returns - then you would be looking at another issue - possibly the CIM

might be worth doing the brake pedal fault code read for the difinitive answer to what the recorded problem is

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I took the battery leads off last night for an hour, but the warning symbol was back on as soon as I reconnected and turned the ignition on. Not heard about pre-set number of clean starts clearing warnings, I'll try and keep tally over the next couple of days.

I've tried the pedals how2 for fault codes before but couldn't get it to work, I'll try again and see though. Thanks for the input.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just to update, I tried the 'Break/Accelerator pedals fault code check' and got the following:

1525 & 1550 codes. Checking against the linked code lists there are a couple of variations for 1525, either Air Bypass Valve System or Throttle Body Service Required. Can anyone point me in the right direction for what this may relate to?

On 1550 code it reads as PSPS out of self test range. As I have a steering warning symbol, I'm guessing this might be a Power Steering Pressure Sensor. Does that sound right and is there an actual sensor that measures PS presure or is this something that only exists as software in the CIM? Again, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have got exactly the same problem as you with my Signum.
    The warning light started off intermittently switching on and off during journey's to work and back, and now it just comes on permanently within 1 minute of starting the car.
    I took it to VX and they checked it over, trying a new CIM etc.., and in the end nothing would clear the fault light.
    They narrowed it down to possibly a glitch with the control unit wiring on the EHPS pump thats just causing enough of a problem to show a fault message, but not enough to affect its movement/working.
    Basically the only way to clear it (what VX told me) is to have a new EHPS pump fitted, and at a cost of nearly £900 fitted (yes..... £900!!! ) im sure i can live with seeing the warning light.

S.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

£900??? That's ridiculous isn't it? I still have my steering light on, it's a permanent feature now until it's put right. I haven't been to Vx about it, I did do the brake & accelerator pedal trick as I posted above and got a fault code for the pressure sensor. I'm guessing that's the problem on mine, I don't know if the pedals trick works on signums but might be worth a go.

From what I've read here vauxhall aren't always clued up on how to use they're equipment!!! I plan on getting my wheel and arch liner off at some point to check the connections myself. The pump is at the front between the front of the wheel arch and the headlight on the drivers side on my vectra. It's low down as well so I can imagine it gets a lot of water/road debris around it. Could be something as simple as a damp or damaged sensor plug or loose wire.

Did Vx actually try getting in to the pump to physically check it on yours or just plug the diagnostics in and come up with "oh it must be the..."?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Piston broke View Post
    Did Vx actually try getting in to the pump to physically check it on yours or just plug the diagnostics in and come up with "oh it must be the..."?
    Not sure to be honest. I assume they just went from the diagnostic codes.
    I know they tried changing the CIM, but as it didn't clear the fault, re-fitted my old one and didn't charge me for doing so.
    I thought the EHPS pump was between the engine and the firewall?
    - thats where the fluid resevoir is.

S.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Some do have the pump at the back of the engine bay. I'm not completely sure but from reading threads on it I think the one you have is the 'compact' pump which AFAIK some vectras have. It might be worth you having a feel about the wiring yourself if it's easy to get to just to check the connections. On mine, like a lot of vectras, it's located in the front tucked away under the headlight, it's a real pain to get to! I managed to check and top up the fluid level by taking the air box out but for a thorough check I think I may need to drop the front bumper off as well as the wheel and arch liner! I'm hoping to get a couple of hours free next week to have a look.

Thread Information