User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1.9 CDTi XP NAV with IDS/CDC suspension – AFL Xenon’s & 196bhp/296lb torque

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Vectra

Trim : SRi XP T Saphirre Black

Engine : z20net

Year : 2007

Mileage : 80k

Default 1.9 CDTi XP NAV with IDS/CDC suspension – AFL Xenon’s & 196bhp/296lb torque

AKSING £8800ono (may take PX 3.2 GSI or other preface C)
    PRICE BASED ON WHAT I PAID 2month ago + £500 remap & £150 Eibachs.

I’m tentatively looking at selling my car as currently I’m doing hardly any mileage and fancy freeing up some funds. I must stress, I don’t ‘need’ to sell the car, and as such I’m not desperate and will hold out for the correct price.

What I have here I believe to be a hugely rare specification Vectra diesel. I’ve been on the Vauxhall club scene for many years, and know the Vectra’s very well. This car is very special. Have a look at the combination of the EDS (888) re-mapped 1.9 CDTi engine, Full XP Kit, colour sat NAV combined with the optional AFL Xenon’s and IDS suspension, the later both normally reserved for the VXR, and I think is fair to say, this is about as close to a factory fresh diesel alternative to a VXR that you are likely to find.

Unique Factory Specification loaded with extras

• Facelift 5 door hatch finished in rare Misty Grey Pearlescent.
    • Full XP body kit including front and rear skirt, side skirts and boot spoiler.
    • Optional 19 inch snowflake design allow wheels with 235/35-19 Tyres.
    • IDS - Interactive Driving System.
    • CDC - Continuous Damping Control.
    • AFL – Adaptive forward lights (xenon)
    • Headlight Jet wash.
    • Switchable traction control.
    • CD70 Colour Sat NAV.
    • Fitted Vauxhall embossed floor mats.
    • Front Electric Windows.
    • Heated & Electric external rear view mirrors.

Quality Performance Upgrades.

• Eibach lowering springs 30mm drop. (originals will be supplied in the sale)
    • EDS (888) remapped with EGR bypass. Works with IDS system and – 196bhp / 296lb torque.

The car has covered 65000miles and is registered on a 56 plate. My private plate will not be included. It has MOT till the end of the year, and TAX for a few more months yet. Being a 1.9cdti it’s relatively cheap on tax. I’m currently averaging 42mpg, I’ve seen as high as 58mpg on a run, but with the remap on I tend to have a more spirited drive nowadays.

The bodywork genuinely does not have a mark on it. There are mileage associated stone chips on the bonnet, and the odd scuff on the lower (really out of sight) areas of the from XP splitter. The wheels have no kerbing, but do have slight age and mileage related ware (subtle pitting on the surface) Front tyres are near new Goodyear Eagle 235/35/19 and rears are near new Michelin Pilot 235/35/19. Sadly the rear passenger side light has a crack in the lense. It’s not through the lense, so its still water tight, you can’t feel it... But you can see it if you look for it… very odd!

Interior is pretty much immaculate, there is some slight ware on the drives seat bolster which tends to happen on all Vauxhall cloth seats. Everything works, nothing is damaged, and plastics are fine without any major scuffs of scratches. It also benefits from a recently fitted set of Vauxhall mats as well as a spare set in the boot.

That’s about it really. It’s a genuinely unique Vectra! You can chill and cruise listening to the fantastic factory stereo, or flick the sport button, feel the suspension & steering firm up, and have a huge near on 300lb torque at your disposal right from 1500rpm or there about! Believe me, this is enough grunt to upset some serious motors on the road, a properly remapped 1.9 CDTi is not to be under estimated! With a 6 speed gear box, motorway cruising is effortless, with over taking speeds, and mid range acceleration I could only really compare to a much bigger engined car! I hate to admit it, but it would leave my old Vectra ‘B’ GSI V6 for dead.

Thanks for looking, any questions, please give me a shout!

Mike

(Below is some tech on IDS, CDC & AFL taken from the brochure)

Interactive Driving System-plus
    (IDS-plus). Continuous Damping Control (CDC) senses changes in the vehicle dynamics and automatically adjusts the damper rates – in real time – producing greater comfort, more confident cornering behaviour and sharper handling, with reduced body roll. The Sport switch function allows instant switching to a sharper throttle and more responsive steering – and back again.

Interactive Driving System-plus (IDS-plus) with Continuous Damping Control (CDC)

Pressing the Sport switch activates the CDC function, which monitors the roll, pitch and yaw of the car and selectively changes the rate of damping on each wheel to optimise the handling, effectively stiffening the suspension. This means the vehicle will exhibit a reduced rate of roll and pitch, making it more responsive during direction changes and more settled during the braking/turn-in/acceleration transition when cornering.

The functions of the Sport switch aren’t limited to suspension control. When activated, it also affects the steering and accelerator pedal. The drive-by-wire throttle is altered electronically, leading to a sharper engine response and crisper acceleration, while the map of the power assisted steering is also adjusted, giving the driver a more positive initial turn-in.

Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL).
    This advanced bi-xenon lighting system ensures the headlight beams are always aimed in the direction you’re about to go – and not necessarily the direction the front of the car is already pointing in! As Autocar magazine put it in a test report: ‘AFL is easy to get used to and hugely improves visibility for night driving’.

Controlled by a combination of steering wheel movement and sensors for the vehicle’s speed and yaw angle, the Curving Light function allows the headlight beam to move up to 15 degrees left or right of the straight ahead position. This ensures the light is always following the trajectory plotted by the front wheels, rather than simply pointing straight ahead.

An additional reflector, within the headlight unit, will broadly illuminate the roadside in the chosen direction of travel, depending on the vehicle’s speed, steering angle and directional indicators.

At speeds above 65mph, AFL raises the dipped headlight beam to extend the range of vision for increased safety at higher speed. The beam automatically returns to its normal position when the car falls below that speed.

Noobtune 220bhp / 270lb - (07) 2.0 turbo SRi XP1 NAV - SUNROOF/AFL/CD70/XP2'd

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Forgot:

Mobile 07760-386382
    E-mail Mcdesign@hotmail.co.uk

I will of course be buying another car after sale, currently im considering Vectra C prefacelifts no more than £4000 in value, ideally more towards £3500 but we will see. I've though about an earlier 1.9, but also quite like the idea of a 3.2 GSI, or maybe even 2.0 turbo as my mileage is alot less.... so, if a part ex helps, then we 'may' be able to discuss!

Cheers

Mike

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Few more pics as per pm requests.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Serious offers will be considered, might give me an idea of what people are will to pay for this car?

Cheers

Mike

Thread Information