Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Your New RO

Galw helÔ pawb!

As you may have guessed I have just been appointed as the Regional Organiser for the Wales region. I can't stress enough what an honour this is for me. Here's a little about myself and an outline of my plans/thoughts for the region (be aware it might drag on a little ).

I moved to Wales nearly six years ago after meeting Kay (Kaoos) online, falling in love and agreeing to marry her. Since moving across the bridge I have totally fallen in love with the place and the people.

I came to Vectra-C last December looking for some advice on a few things about the car and soon found that I was spending more and more time reading and participating (some would say spamming lol). I duely caught the modding and detailing bugs, next step getting to some meets to put some faces to usernames. All the meets and shows i've been to with the club have been a blast and i've met some truely wonderful people and made a few very good friends.

That's enough about me except to say that if you have ANY queries regarding the region or the site in general, feel free to send me a PM, email me through my profile or add me to MSN Messenger, if I can help I will, if not i'll put you in touch with someone who can.

So, what's in store for the region? I hear you ask...

We've had 2 great meets so far that have been well supported and enjoyed by all that attended. This I hope to continue with some 'normal' type meets and hopefully one or two 'special' meets or events during the year.

I realise that the Wales region is a huge area to cover and hope to spread meets out around the country so everyone gets a chance to attend one in their area. So far we had a meet in Tintern (South Wales) and one in Builth which was more central, the next I hope will be more to the North or West of the country and I have been formulating a plan for a 'special event' in North Wales, details of which I shall post in due course.

I will actively encourage meeting with other regions, by inviting them to Wales meets and trying to attend their meets. Eventually, I hope, with large convoys from Wales to wherever we're called

One thing I noticed about Wales in general is that there is a fairly stark division between North and South, my mission will be to try and eradicate this divide as far as this site and it's membership is concerned by holding meets all over the place and encouraging ALL Welsh members to attend.

Finally, I hope to increase the size of the Wales member base by actively seeking out those members in Wales and encouraging them to become active within the region and promoting the site within Wales to gain new members, both for our region and the club's benefit.

Wales has such a lot to offer in the way of locations it would be a shame not to make use of them and the amazing people that live here.

If you have any queries, ideas or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Nice intro m8 As you say, Wales is a bl00dy big area, only 1 motorway and you've got it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well i want to congratulate you in your new role. I think you are perfect for the job and any future meets(if not to far away) will still be open to all members All the best

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

One motorway but also one A470 and what an awesome drive that is...as discovered by some visiting members on the way to Builth a couple of weeks ago

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

The last time i came down to South Wales (Tenby) you went and had a meet over at Tintern Abbey
    You trying to avoid me Neil

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by PIMM
    Well i want to congratulate you in your new role. I think you are perfect for the job and any future meets(if not to far away) will still be open to all members All the best
    Thanks mate, I know you enjoy the meets and you know you are more than welcome to join in with ours. As a neighbouring region, right on my doorstep I will be making the effort to get down to SW meets whenever possible too.

Also, might be knocking on your door for a curry or something soon, speak to you about it on Sunday mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman
    The last time i came down to South Wales (Tenby) you went and had a meet over at Tintern Abbey
    You trying to avoid me Neil
    lol...that'll be the ugly north/south divide creeping in mate let us know next time you're down to Tenby and we'll see what can be arranged

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Congratulations on the new Job mate..

you know we'll be coming back over the border..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Congratulations Spam King, but now nobody is going to know when you make it to the next level.

I think that you are perfect for the job and if the Builth Wells meet is anything to go by, I can not wait for the next one..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks M + C, it's people like you that make this club what it is And as for future meets, I think you'll like what i'm planning next, might have mentioned it briefly at Billing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information