User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So depressed, Dont know what to do???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default So depressed, Dont know what to do???

My life over the last 2 years has gone down hill rapidly, and even more so over the last 2 months or so.

I used to be a happy go lucky lad who was confident and had lots of self esteem, but not any more.

I seem to of lost all my friends, have huge debts, I have an on/off relationship with my girlfriend. I have a nearly 2yr old daughter that i dont know or even see, last time was xmas.

To make matters worse I havent been at work for what will be my 8th week due to been diagnosed with a form of arthritus (I'm only 33)and i'm struggling to walk or move about altho I am undergoing traetment at the moment.

My parents have been great, but they dont know the extent of the problems, they are old school and dont believe in depression, so Its no help talking to them.

Some days I dont even get up, or even washed, i just cant be bothered.

I know i need some sort of help but just dont know where to start, and tbh I feel ashamed of myself that i need to ask for help

Somedays I dont feel like there's any point in carrying on, I'm not gonna do anything stupid, but thats how i feel.

I just dont know which way to turn anymore. I'm broken.

My other car. 1972 1641cc slammed beetle. On the road finally!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i can sort of understand where you are mate. my cousin has just being diagnosed with deppression, hes not been himself for a long while. the arthritus wont be helping seing as your only in your thirtys. you need to go to your doctor mate. tell him how your feeling. and remember theres always people here you can talk to.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi bud........I have first hand experience of someone with bipolar.......It's a genuine illness and you need to get help.......NOW!,#

don't be afraid or ashamed by this............your not alone............

I can't advise you or comment on your situation personally as we don;t know each other but if you need a friend to talk to(or rant at) send me a pm

there is always someone worse off than you mate.....I know that you will have heard it all before but its true,

on the debt front, there are people you can talk to-your local CA will be best to contact....................

Andy

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well done,

that took some balls to post this - and thats the first step to admitting you have a problem - first thing tomorrow you need to be phoning your GP's and making an appointment because its plain to see that your suffering with depression - the first stage is admitting it - which you can clearly see you have done from reading your post ....that there have been losts of contributary factors that have compounded the situation...and have pused you to where you currently sit today

its easier for someone on the outside to see it and hindsight is a wonderful thing to look back on and say IF ONLY .... but you have made the first step - you close family may not see the changes as they will be small and over a period of time

it wont be easy and you will need some medication to take the edge off - IT IS NEEDED if you stand a chance of getting better..... there is now light at the end of the tunnel ..

Be strong and make that appointment tomorrow - dont let the receptionist fob you off with a later appointment you need to be seen tomorrow ..any sort of "normal" gp should clearly see whats needed

if you need any further help or advice dont be afraid to make contact with me - you are not alone

chin up

regards

Dez

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile Depression

Very sorry to read your thread,I suggest making an urgent appointment to see your Doc as soon as you can.

Depression not a good thing to deal with on your own.

It would surprise you the amount of people out there going through the same problems,prescribed medication will help you get on track.

The sooner you seek help the quicker you will be able to turn that corner mate.
    Seek help with your financial problems as soon as you can,try you local council money advice centres/or c.a.b,they will give you good free advice.

Hope you get the help you need to get your life back on track

all the best

BAZZA9875

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just read your post the guys are right you need to see your GP have a chat open up to him/her you have done the hard part and that was telling us you will feel better once you have told someone rather than keep it bottled up inside i know what you mean years ago i didnt want to get up i thought whats the point i allways slept (maybe becouse when i was asleep i did not have any worries) i had no use in life... like people have said there is always people better off then us but there is allways people alot worse off than us you need to get out and about i know its easier said than done when you feel that way but you need to get your mind off the negative thoughts ... when you keep thinking about the bad things it makes it worse your mind will wonder try and stay on track make goals go to the gym like i said your probs thinking i cant face any one BUT you can be strong look forward not backward there is loads of people to ask with regards to money worries go on the direct . gov website and have a look do it for you little girl she needs you please dont do anything silly if you ever and i mean ever need to chat send me a message we are all here for you chin up let me know how you get on mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was at the doc's a few months ago with depression. Everything was so hard to tackle, debt problems, unhappy constantly. He prescribed fluoexitine (SP) which raises the seratonin in your brain which is basically an endorphine and it brings you back up but you NEED to keep taking it on a daily basis.

Admitting you need help to yourself if a big step, I only ever told the Mrs who had to make serious changes and was a big help. I was at the point of doing nothing except work. Was coming home at 7pm, dinner then bed. Couldn't even drag myself to do housework.

Have a look on http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome too, I had a read through it and it did change my outlook on life.

As for the debt, have a look on http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/ - I looked into insolvency, bankruptcy, even one of those 5 year programs that will repay your debt for you but leave you blacklisted for years and years. Luckily, my parents helped out and am coming out of debt and arrears now. All you need to do is talk to your debtors and explain the situation, they are very helpful.

Sorry this was a bit rambled but hopefully some of it is of some help.

I know it seems like its a bottomless pit but just think positive and you will see daylight again very soon, just stay positive.

Drop me a PM if you want any info or a bit of banter or anything.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

see ya gp......there are some good doctors about who cant do enough to help ya and they`ll know all the right ppl for ya to go and see, hell might not even need tablets once ya get to talk things through with people who understand.......and we`re always here 4 ya too mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

The above is all good, if it helps any I have had arthritus in both knees, my lower back, and hands, for nearly 15 years.
    At first, I got angry, then depressed. My hobby of 39 years had been classic cars and scale models, I couldn't handle the small parts anymore, kept (and still do) dropping things. Laying on damp concrete under cars became a no no.
    I found other hobbies, one is fishing, just needs a bit more thought and preparation. With fishing it means tying any knots or fiddly bits before I leave home. Don't let it beat you, find ways of doing what you want to - and sort out your relationship with your daughter, you'll find she'll understand if there are things you can't do because of illness or meds, my grandson does.
    Good luck, let us know how you get on, by pm if you prefer.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yup youve defo made the best step in admitting to yourself its a problem i've been there myself and trust me your not alone i was 17 and was talked down from a motorway bridge because i couldnt admit it to myself looking at it now it was a cry for help.
    for me the drugs didnt help i stopped taking them and with the help of family and a lot of time walking the dog (time to think and someone to talk to that listens but dosent talk back) i pulled throught ok.
    speaking to my gp did help he was great i advise you do the same. debt problems can be dealt with fairly easy so many people in similar situations lenders are having to cope and are suprisingly helpful.
    family always a hard one best thing to say there is do your best.

all in all keep your chin up, keep busy keep active and if you need anything just holla lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information