Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default New from Ayrshire

Hi,

I am looking at buying a March 09 SRi CDTi 150 manual from a well known dealers it appears to be one of the thousands of rentals but possibly a demonstrator car if I am lucky.

I am moving from a Saab 9-5 Aero Auto and hence losing the Auto, leather, xenon's etc but have a real appeal to buy a Vectra especially in the black pearl this one is.

Please can you advise any areas that I need to research on the test drive tomorrow before I go in looking all wide eyed and stoopid!!!

Many thanks I look forward I hope to contributing in the days months and years to come

Derek

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello & welcome mate...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.9 CDTI 150

Trim : SRI

Year : 2005

Mileage : 46000

welcome m8

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Which dealership is it?

ex-rentals cars are quite easy to recognise from the V5
    Also Arnold Clark tend to replace the numberplate
    ex-VX cars are easy to recognise from the numberplate, and Arnold Clark don't tend to replace these numberplates (as they are branded VX)

On a road test, try every type of road you can (30mph, National Speed limit, and Dual carriageway)

Before moving off, check ALL the switches and controls
    The sales persony may explain what they all do (woopdy-doo)
    Finally, put on ALL the lights, including the warning indicators, select reverse, switch the engine off, then release the clutch
    Now walk round the car and check all the lights are fully working (remember its your driving licence!)
    Before leaving the premises, quickly check the stereo system, and the remote controls, then switch it off
    Listen for any unusual noises

When you get back to the premises, ask to see the service book (if the car has more than 10K miles / 1 year old)
    Ask that it has both keys, if not that they will make attempts to obtain the second key and if not available that all the locks will be replaced
    Check that the alloy wheel lock, jack, brace, screwdriver, and spare wheel are present

When you accept the car recheck the above, also check that the passcard is included, again if missing request that they order one
    Once all that is present, sign to accept the car

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, and thanks for the Welcome.

The car is being described as an Arnold Clark (car is in kilmarnock Ford) demo car not rental but, has the "usual 21K" miles in a year

I will be doing all the usual checks and have put a post up on the three major known issues,
    The car is black metallic/pearl, the interior is in decent shape compared to some I have seen and if it smells fresh on the drive I will probably get it. It is not an easy decision to make as I am going mainstream newer rather than a Passat / C-class at 2006 age for similar money, but as I say the Vectra has a weird appeal as long as it will be reliable on the big three.

Both keys are there and AC did the service (surprise surprise) so I will drop the oil immediately! and then go to 7,500 mile fully synth changes with a decent quality oil filter.

How is the suspension on these any major issues?

Thanks again folks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There is no need to change the oil and filter intervals, until you you start to rack up the miles and/or the warranty expires (typically after 3 years / 80K miles)

An Arnold Clark "demo car" means they are typically the first registered keeper
    Quite often these are used as internal hire cars / courtesy cars
    Arnold Clark "Demonstrators" tend to have VERY low mileage (just take a look at some in their showrooms and compare)

A March 09 should not have more than 20K miles on it, any more than that I would either start haggling, looking for the salesman to list others, or look elsewhere
    When I was looking for mine they sourced me three cars and took them all to my local dealership (but then again I have been an Arnold Clark customer for 20 years as well as one of their business customers)
    The suspension on the SRI is uprated and lowered, suffers the usual Vectra gremlins; expect parts to wear out anytime basically
    However, check the tyres on the car and look for advance signs of feathering, especially on the front tyres and inside edges of the rears (a sign the tyres have not been rotated - which the Vectra requires)

Once you've got your car, book it in for a full four wheel alignment using Hunters equipment
    As is typical for VX they don't adjust the suspension once released from the factory and refitted with UK specification wheels

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for that,

Indeed this car is sitting at 21K so give or take I can accept that. The one thing is the bodywork, I have looked at about 8 maybe 9 and this car is "clean" I mean very nice not over valeted but has the look of no smart repair's the interior is (visually for now) clean tidy unskuffed as many were in a right mess this one at least has something going for it.

It isn't my first choice colour as Pannacotta then silver would be, but black is No.3 for me and the more I think it over the more I think it may well be the car for me.

I am glad I don't have to worry about extra oil changing but need to know something major, is it correct that I would have year 2 & 3 of the warranty??? and will this cover the major engine suspects EGR, intake swirl, yellow / blue injector harness,,,,,,

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree with the colours
    It happens every time with myself, "Don't want that colour", yet I seem to end up with a car that colour!
    My first "real" car was white, and it really suited it
    My first Vectra B was Titanium Silver, another colour I swore I would never have, yet it was the easiest to keep clean (or dirty)
    The only major problem with solid colours is when they get scratched, hence why so many people have silver now

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    I am glad I don't have to worry about extra oil changing but need to know something major, is it correct that I would have year 2 & 3 of the warranty??? and will this cover the major engine suspects EGR, intake swirl, yellow / blue injector harness,,,,,,
    Yes, you will be covered by Sureguard (OE warranty) up to February 2012 or 60K miles
    However, if you are high mileage driver and expect to take the vehicle to between 60K and 80K miles then you can extend that, but you need to do it as part of the sales agreement

An alternative is the "Complete Protection Plan", again this has to be processed as part of the sales agreement (for this the car has to be processed as a Network Q sale)
    It's a little more expensive, and once in effect over rules the OE and Network Q warranties
    The are two options, servicing only or full inclusive
    However, the fully inclusive option pays for itself if you do more than 25K miles a year, as that includes servicing, brakes, and clutch
    I had that on my car and the only things I had to pay for was a switch and a replacement key (plus tyres, MoT, and insurance)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi mate , welcome to the site ... TBH not really much to worry about cause you will have plenty of warranty on the car. Some people have wee niggly probs other's dont. Will be a step down from the Saab regarding trim quality etc but you wont be dissapointed too much

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well sadly still without my Vectra, I tried to settle a deal today but we were about £1500 apart on a trade in figure as opposed to an offer I have on the car waiting for a deposit, so until I receive the confirmation on this I can't progress to ownership.

Still the spec on this car is Black Sapphire 21,600 miles, some skuffing on the n/s sill cover an invisible repair on the n/s front bumper above the for light lots of motorway stone chip's and rotary car wash scraping but generally alloys are undamaged car sit's well interior is actually very clean and if I can get a deal I will buy it!

If I miss it, I am going to find a Pannacotta SRi, maybe even an 08 Elite? (CDTi 150) on an 09 plate and have that as I see a few more 09's filtering in this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information