Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Bit of a tidy up.

Hi All,
    Start off saying what a great and helpful forum this is - got some great tips and advice so far.

Bought my Vectra 7 weeks ago, and so far I'm quite happy with it. Its a '05 1.8 club, and I bought it from a friend who'd owned it since new.
    My mate had had it washed by a slightly shady hand car wash, they'd done it with a dirty sponge and left LOTS of horrible swirls and marks all over the paintwork. I've spent a couple of weekends trying to get that sorted.

Here it is as it stands now. AG Tar and Glued, Safe Cut'd and polished with Turtlewax Silver Polish. I intend to do it again, in the summer holidays using AG SRP and wax it (any user friendly recommendations?).

Mods wise, I havent done anything other than swap the cd30 with TID, for a CD70 Navi. As its a club, its pretty dull exterior wise. I'm hoping to brighten it up a bit, I'd like the SRI lower skirt for the rear bumper, silver side skirts, dark headlights, colour coded handles and clear side repeaters. Is this likely to cost the earth? I would like to replace the front bumper, but thinking that could be quite costly. I've seen a nice simple grille from LMF, which i like, so thinking i might add that also.
    I did take it up to a my friend's dad's bodyshop to get a quote for the current rear and side skirts and door handles colour coding. He'd do it for me, but wouldnt advise it as its likely to start flaking off before long.

Also, has anyone got any pictures of the standard (orange) rear light clusters, which they've tinted. I'm not wanting to go mega dark, just want to get them looking like the SRI ones (try and save on buying new if poss)

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Club

Engine : Y20DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 79k

hi mate i have same spec car but a dti, i changed the handles to colour coded and they look way better, i just need to get the skirts done theres a member on here who does them, if done right they wont flake, i brought some rear sri light for cheap off a member on here but tinting them will just give the same affect, car looks good btw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks Chris, its the door handles (and orange on the lights) that are bothering me the most, they do look tonnes better colour coded.

I like the car, and now its got the satnav it really nice inside - looking forward to smartening up the exterior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

looking good car some tar on mine pain to get off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Club

Engine : Y20DTH

Year : 2005

Mileage : 79k

Quote Originally Posted by Vectra_Wilky View Post
    Thanks Chris, its the door handles (and orange on the lights) that are bothering me the most, they do look tonnes better colour coded.

I like the car, and now its got the satnav it really nice inside - looking forward to smartening up the exterior.

i would like leather seats in mine but i dont want to pay around £400

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks good that Wilky Jnr, Im Lol in at the Zuki in the back ground if you want it I have a Vectra Harness for bluetooth you can have, did have some standard Sri springs but sold them for pea nuts you could of had them as well

Like your Veccy will look out for progress Hope Dad is ok
    Catch you later

Thread Information