Thread: Broken front electric window regulator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry Broken front electric window regulator

Drivers door window dropped down into the door frame today, stripped down the door to find the regulator arm had broken it's 4 spot welds onto the geared quadrant that rotates with the electric window. I say 4 spot welds but only 3 of the welds had taken, the 4th spot weld had not penetrated. Straightened the regulator and used my mig to re-attach the regulator arm to the gear quadrant. Rebuilt the door and everything now ok.

3 hours work for a faulty weld - has this happened to anyone else - or am I just lucky !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nope.. Happened to me a couple of days back.. Driving round with a plank of wood jammed in the mech until I find a decent piccy to look at.. Dont have a rivet gun handy to stick the mech back together.. Suprised it isn't classed as a common fault.. The mech is very poorly assembled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Happened to me in my old Vec c, although it had already had a repair done... so replaced it £65

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my window reg has just snapped on the 4 welds just wondering how many other members out there have had this problem and if i should replace or get it welded back on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine did that. Vx replaced it under warranty and told me I'd abused it. All I did was press the up button, how can I abuse it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alanatrr View Post
    Drivers door window dropped down into the door frame today, stripped down the door to find the regulator arm had broken it's 4 spot welds onto the geared quadrant that rotates with the electric window. I say 4 spot welds but only 3 of the welds had taken, the 4th spot weld had not penetrated. Straightened the regulator and used my mig to re-attach the regulator arm to the gear quadrant. Rebuilt the door and everything now ok.

3 hours work for a faulty weld - has this happened to anyone else - or am I just lucky !!!!
    I know this is an old post but has just happened to me and does go with a bang. How does regulator come out, i have removed door card and vapour seal just trying to see how regulator comes out etc. I can see welds are broke. Do you have to remove the rivots holding it to the inner door skin?

hopefully you will remember. thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You have to drill out the pop rivets to remove the regulator so you will need a pop rivet gun to replace it. When drilling out the rivets make sure the glass is out the way so you don't smash it.

Thread Information