Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Irmscher Elite

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 2005

Default Another (and last) intercooler post

Well, i did it! Replaced my intercooler this morning and it was very easy. My local garage wanted to charge me £150 for the privilege. The hardest part was getting the car high enough to 1. get the intercooler out and 2. get to all the bolts/clips that hold the bumper on. Thanks to plasma's thread http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...ht=plasma+fmic which gave me an idea what i was up against.
    If anyone else needs advice/ How2 or a hand doing it i'll be more than willing to oblige.
    The car is now running like new. I'm beginning to think it has been like that since i bought it, the increase in power is more than noticable. Even my 18 month old daughter shouted 'ZOOM' when we went for a drive.
    I do however have a few questions for someone in the know.

1. Does the ECU 'learn'? E.G. will it have adgusted the fuel/air ratio over time due to there being a 'hole' in the turbo system?

2 When i started it up after completing the work i gave it some pain on the revs. I held it at about 4000 revs for a few seconds and WOW I thought i'd blown the damn thing up. THICK black smoke for days! There is now a black charred looking patch on the pavement outside my parents house. Might this be the self cleaning cycle type thing that i've come across while scanning through posts? i think it normally happens periodically on motorway journeys?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.9 cdti SRI & 2.6 Vec B & Mk1 Fiesta XR2

Trim : 2 batteries. 2k RMS. 2x 15 SPL's

Engine : CDTI 200 16V

1 - The ecu will not need to learn anything. A hole in the intercooler will just mean less air going thru the maf. Now its fixed more air goes thru. The maf will read the air mass and adjust fueling accordingly based on standard ratios. lower air flow figure from maf will give less fuel delivery by the injectors. more air more fuel. Standard config of the ecu.

2 - Wont self clean in your path lol. Only does it above a certain rpm and needs a long period running at higher rpm before it will clean the dpf.

Black soot will probs be down to the fact you have higher boost and more air flowing thru the engine blowing out all the crap and soot that has gathered. Dodgy swirl bar can also create more soot than normal. you aint knocked it off while changing stuff on the car ?

Thread Information