Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Work this out!

Got stopped 2 weeks ago, an i still cant fathom out why?

Driving the mrs home after spending a weekend all over the uk at events, and went for meal at a pub on a sunday afternoon.
    Got the mrs, parents house an a undercover car pulled up behind me blue lights etc.
    Got out an asked if he could search car for drugs....nothing found (as if!)
    Then went through the paperwork, got to my license and found that i had an expired license

But being a sunday they couldnt do anything about it as dvla closed.
    So let me on my way after taking my license off me.
    Rang up dvla on the monday to be told yes i have an expired license , it expired in 2003...

So over the past 2 weeks ive had the pleasure of trying to find out why it was expired, and ive since found out i got stopped in 2002 and went to court for certain offences, now as far as im aware (and you would know) i have only been stopped a few times since i passed my test in 1999, and knew i had 3 points on licence.
    The dvla cant tell me any more as their records dont reach back that far, and was told to contact the court....which court they dont know.....

So took a guess an rang up Hereford who told me after looking back through records that yes i was taken to court in 3003 and recived 9 points which took me to 12 an then they told the dvla to expire the license.

Now call me stupid but in 2002 i had to move out of my family home and for the next 12-18 months i was living with mates and moving around the place, i then lost my licence when moving and only found it when my mother turned it up 2-3 years ago, and never got round to changing adress as it was coming up to the 10 year change of photo, now i never did this as completely forgot all about it, so in a way you can blame/maon at me for this part.

But my mother/father who still lived at the adress have said any letters which came for me where either sent on to me or sent back to where they came from,and as far as they know no letters from dvla came to that adress.

So know as i had a job that relied on my car for work, have been discharged from service as i can no longer do my job as they need a current license and car...

So know im with out car, license and job..

How can they take me to court without me being present and give me points an fine?
    What can i do know?

The only thing i can think of is when the officer stopped me and wasnt sure i had a license he took the license off me , i explained i lived 15 mile from where i was, an he said well i suggest you take the car home an park it up till you can sort this mess out.......i assumed they had to take car off you as in raod wars etc?

Any comments people?

Ps: im using mates as drivers to get to events atm and trains, which is really doing my head in!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

that sounds very strange ! as a side note wouldn't the 9 points you were given back in 2003 now be expired anyway ?? did they (DVLA)tell you how to get your license back i.e another driving test or something ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by steveked View Post
    that sounds very strange ! as a side note wouldn't the 9 points you were given back in 2003 now be expired anyway ?? did they (DVLA)tell you how to get your license back i.e another driving test or something ?

Yea according to the dvla i have a clean license with no points, but they are unsure what to do as regards my license, they dont know wether to give me back a full license or i have to apply for a provional an take my test again
    The courts are dragging their heels as when i asked for them to clarify what was said at the time of the court case and the details, they have no records, or they do, they just cant tell me, and wont speak to the dvla, and the dvla wont speak to the courts....
    Its really doing my head in now as i have no license and no job, an trying to get the job i had without a license (what im trained for) is a complete no no!!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

what did they give you the 9 points for? and are you do you remember the incident that it relates to?

I would have thought that it would either be a case of the court gave you a ban for x months and then your license became valid again or the court ordered that you must resit your test to get it back in which case you should be able to resit your test and get your license back

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Knox View Post
    what did they give you the 9 points for? and are you do you remember the incident that it relates to?
    Thats the thing i know i wasnt stopped in 2003, as most of 2003 i had no car as i lived 5 min from where i worked.

The courts wont tell me anything aprat from they gave me the points and a fine and if i want to contest it then there is no point as it was so long ago..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds to me that the time living with Mates , could one of them not used your license and passed off as you, license, bills all going to the same address ??

Just a thought

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Pre Face, Colour Coded, CR Tech Box, Pipercross Panel filte, Blanked EGR :-)

Trim : Club

Engine : 1.9cdti 16v

Year : 2005

or they gave you 6 points for failing to provide the drivers details. & 3 for the offence

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

surely the court would have an offense code or something? perhaps you could contact the police force in that area?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

that is strange if u passed in 99 and got more than 6 points in first 2 years u will have ur licence revoked in ur case it was 2003, unless u didnt get a ban ur licence should be valid. my brither had a ban and 8 points for doind 130mph, after his ban he had to apply new licence which started this year after the ban so dont know whats happend to u mate...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds to me like identity fraud - they would have the details of the offender at the time of the stop (if stopped)
    i.e. date of birth
    full name
    brief physical description

vehicle details - i.e. make model registration no AND the serial no off of the tax disc

if it was a serious speeding offence (caught on a speed camera) and an NIP was sent to the registered keepers address of the offending vehicle
    they would have HAD to supply the police with the drivers details (maybe this is where your details were given - but at a different address to yours!!) then they would again have sent an NIP the "fraudster" could have then admitted or requested a court appearance and failed to attend and you were found Guilty in your absence or they attended and gave your details - and your licence....

so as below - you need to contact the court for more details
    i.e
    court details
    offence details
    police station /officer in the case
    cps reference
    vehicle details (may let you know who this was ...i.e. a "mate")
    and a copy of the register signed by "you" for surrendering your licence
    all of the above would let you have more information and allow you to build a better picture of what actually occurred

if it is identity fraud then there is also an offence of perverting the course of justice and you could sue the other person for loosing your job loss of earnings etc - but in the mean time you need to reapply for your licence after suspension which will cost you around £100

was your licence a photocard licence - as that's the only thing bothering me - if the "fraudster" looks like you ???

and regarding siezure of the vehicle - an occupant of the vehicle was fully insured and had the necessary licence to drive the vehicle so no grounds to sieze the car

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information