Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vxr in red

Angry Oh well finally split.

Afraid to say my relationship with my partner of 7 years is finally over. We got back together in october after a break but it's just been constant arguing so we are going our seperate ways. Thing is we have a 3 yo daughter and now my ex has been advised not to talk to me because of the tension between us and the arguing. Thing is I accept our relationship is over but now she won't even answer the phone so I can say goodnight to my daughter and it's really annoying me. Surely that is gonna cause more aggrevation and put more of a strain on our relationship with our daughter. Iv been thinking about going legal to ensure I have contact but do you think I'm going over the top or should I just let things die down for a few weeks? To see my daughter I now have to go my exs parents house to pick her up and surely all this to and frowing from my exs to her parents house is not doing my daughter any good. What do you think guys? It's really starting to wind me up as to why she's being so horrible.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi mate if its definatly over and shes not even letting you speak to your daughter on the phone then going the legal route is the best option,you do have perental rights which means you have as much say in your daughters life as your ex,why dont you go and seek legal guidance just to see where you stand

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP NAV

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

I think try to see if something can be worked out amicably, but if needs be, you shouldn't be afraid of going legal to be able to see your daughter at all. Sorry to hear this though bud

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

to be fair mate this sort of thing really upsets me since my little lad was born,and i really don't like the fact that the father is allways the last thourght.
    only u can decide whether or not to do things in the courts m8,by which only u know what kind of a person ur mrs is( ex mrs).if she is being awkward with u then make notes or even speak to a solicitor on the matter just incase things get messy. if not for all the familys sake then just ur daughters remember she is a fragile little thing and she is all that matters when all said and done.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks guys. The thing is alot has been said and yes I'm guilty of flying off the handle and saying things I regret but even my exs parents are happy for me to come round and we all still get on okish. We split up because she had been going on chat sites , chatting up men and because I found out she's gone mental and trying to blame me. I really don't wanna go legal but I will if needs be. I'm not saying she has to talk to me in the day but surely for me to say goodnight to my daughter she can pick up the phone.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

tell her that u don't want to speak to her just to give the phone straight to ur daughter then get ur daughter to hang up if the ex has such an issue.seriously hope things work out for the best.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Exclusive

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2007

God i hope you can sort this out i dont know what i would do if i could not see my little boy. I would say seek some legal advice on what you can do. She can not stop you talking or having your girl at all i know been through it all.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Sorry to hear what has happened. I suppose you could write her a letter explaining what you have said on here about phoneing to say goodnight to your daugher, and also to explain that you would rather do things in an amicable manner. Good luck with it all. But as said don,t be affraid to "go legal" if the need should arise.

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by denzilbud View Post
    you do have perental rights which means you have as much say in your daughters life as your ex,why dont you go and seek legal guidance just to see where you stand
    Only if you were married, if not then you dont have any Parental Responsibilities...

Mike,

How long were you married?

If you were not married then you do not have any parental responsibility for your child I'm afraid. If you were never married your partner is the only person legally responsible for the welfare of your child. Being the biological father doesnt count for much except when extracting finances from you.. thats where your responsibility ends

See current law on Parental Responsibility here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/...hts/dg_4002954

If this is the case, I would strongly advise that you try and sort things out amicably and get as much legal advise as possible before you start proceedings against your ex.

Get some free advice from www.wikivorce.com (they deal with married and unmarried situations) and are highly recommended

Good luck and dont start a battle until you know your position and facts in this matter
    Last edited by spoons; 28th April 2010 at 12:25.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hey thanks spoons that's really helpful. I'm just gonna see how things go for a week and let her chill a bit, she has a bad temper so once she's calmed down a bit I'm sure it will work out. Only time will tell I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information