User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning to young drivers from Judge. and orders crash pics to be published.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Warning to young drivers from Judge. and orders crash pics to be published.

This story highlights how irrespnsible and stupid some drivers can be.
    Slows for camera then floors it up to 90 to 100mph, (and this was not a motorway) loses it and kills two people.
    He had no insurance, no licence, numerious previous convictions.

What do we have to do to stop such behavour, the judge in the case ordered that pictures of the car should be made public as a warning to other young drivers.
    BTW before I get berated...lol I naturally assume of course that our young drivers on here have much more sense. If only they all did!

Going to s/france tomorrow, just hope this weather stays nice. Take care, and safe driving everyone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-lunatics.html
    Last edited by 67688c; 25th April 2010 at 19:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Very sad that but it does hit home really - you can be the best drive in the world, but it is these idiots around you who are the danger.

My heart goes to the families of the victims - God forbid another family has to be told that news.

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C SRi 1.8vvti

Trim : Sri

Engine : 18.vvti

Year : 2007

Mileage : 29,500

They always seem to be the ones that walk away after things like these and leave carnage and death behind them. Sympathies to all the families that are grieving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yet another case of how its the innocent who suffer because of a brainless ****wit .The sentence he has been given is derisory,the driving ban even more laughable,because A: he hasn't got a licence B:Scum will be inside for most of it.Then the scumbag use's the broken home excuse,what absolute tosh,both my kids come from a broken home,but are normal well adjust young adults.The driver should be locked up and have the key thrown away, end of

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 67688c View Post
    BTW before I get berated...lol I naturally assume of course that our young drivers on here have much more sense. If only they all did!
    I am 22 years old and have been driving for 2 1/2 years. I'm now on my fourth car that I have decided to start modifying. My second car was an Astra VXR. I would like to say that I thought I was safe, however, I was very much into my speed. I had numerous occasions where I nearly had accidents, more than likely my fault. Since getting rid of the car, I have come to realise the seriousness of my old actions and therefore no longing want to drive like an idiot. I guess that at some point, most people learn to grow up, some quicker than others.
    My thoughts go to the families and the loss of their loved ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A couple of days ago my wife and I witnessed some really crazy driving by a youngster in a sooped up focus (made enough noise anyway...lol)

I saw him overtaking the traffic behind, until he's right behind me, it's a 50 limit stretch and I was doing around 55, lots of bends and double solid lines along the whole stretch.

He decides to floor it where there a blind spot due to a big dip in the road, and you cannot see the opposite cars coming if they happen to be in the dipped area of the road, but it did'nt stop him. As often happens, at the wrong time a car suddenly appeared directly in front of him, to avoid a head-on smash he immediately swings it to the left almost taking my front wing off, at least he would have done had I not anticipated the outcome and braked hard.

Just a total lunatic. I often wonder... did I drive like this when I was 20, I'm not going to say I never did, because I did some stupid things when I was young, but I dont think I was that bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I like speed, but I've always had road common sense and abide by the law (except speed, as many of us don't). I used to cycle to work everyday before I could drive and that in itself, makes you more aware of your surroundings. I have never been really stupid as to endanger other people's lives.
    I think when I was younger (before I could drive) and saw chav's driving around stupidly, I vowed never to become as dangerous as any of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by george1987 View Post
    I am 22 years old and have been driving for 2 1/2 years. I'm now on my fourth car that I have decided to start modifying. My second car was an Astra VXR. I would like to say that I thought I was safe, however, I was very much into my speed. I had numerous occasions where I nearly had accidents, more than likely my fault. Since getting rid of the car, I have come to realise the seriousness of my old actions and therefore no longing want to drive like an idiot. I guess that at some point, most people learn to grow up, some quicker than others.
    My thoughts go to the families and the loss of their loved ones.
    As I stated in other post, I'm sure there is no driver alive who can say they have never done something dangerous and stupid, especially when they were younger. AYS you learn quickly, and you become a better, more patient and safer driver, and as a result you rarely have accidents if ever, motoring becomes cheaper and hopefully you and your family live to a ripe old age. So credit to you matey for showing some responsibilty, and commonsense.
    Unfortunately some never learn!.
    Last edited by 67688c; 25th April 2010 at 20:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

what a waste of life and a hot girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sad time for the families, tbh its not all young drivers who are idiots they are off all ages theirs hardly a day goes by where i get some t!t trying to 'race' me in my vrs be it your or older(most of the time) we are not all innocent here either, we al have our moments and not one person can deny that its a FACT.. yeah we all think aye theirs no one about so am gonna have a blast. thing is you never wkno when someones about be it a morotcyclist ,cyclist or pedestrian, animal or the likes.. even a spliage on a unsuspecting road..
    i think pictures would be a hard hitting thing to do but whats its gonna do in the long run..NOTHING

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information