User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here with Talktalk? (Warning, contains mega rant lol)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Anyone here with Talktalk? (Warning, contains mega rant lol)

If so you have sympathy.

Without doubt the worst company that I have ever had to deal with - and I 'm not even a customer .

It's taken two months for a broadband router to arrive at a relatives house. She was already with Talktalk for the phone so this was an addition to the package. Lots of false dates given for its arrival which culminated in one of the salesman who lurk in shopping centres checking her account and admitting it had never been processed. Another call to Talktalk who finally send the router but then deactivate the broadband on the line at the same time. This was done by the person sending the router. (Which is now a paper weight)

Last Thursday evening I spent three hours - yes three hours - on the phone to them being passed around various call centres on the planet culminating in a call to what was supposed to be their, “Technical” department in Northampton. Bottom line is two to three weeks to reactivate the line but they will fast track it to 10 to 15 days. (Not sure if this is working days but with Talktalk you never know )

So she decides she'll go elsewhere for broadband. I told the guy this whereupon he begins ranting about other providers ending with, "go where you want." being shouted down the phone. She decides that she doesn't want Talktalk for anything now given this guys attitude and the three hours we'd spent getting to this point. So I tell him this. It then emerges that the technical department is not the technical department, it's the retention department we had been put through to. It must be the only retention department in the land where you speak to them with no intention of leaving but 10 minutes later you’d happily pay the disconnection fee to get rid of them.

I asked to speak to a Manager so obviously wasn't surprised when Retention man with anger control issues passed me on to a call centre somewhere in Asia to a poor guy who thought I wanted to join them as a new customer.

So back to Northampton (by this time I was getting really concerned, I'm on holiday in June ) to the retention department to another operator who tells me that unfortunately the Manager is about to leave and doesn't have time to talk to me . Said operator then listens to the tapes and comes back to tell me that, that the tapes are bad and that she should get the leaving fee waived (£70 I think) Problem is that only the Manager - who has now left - can authorise this. No problem, he will get the Manager to phone me the next day, which obviously he didn't.

I called them again yesterday asking for the department I had spoken to on Thursday. So naturally they put me through to a call centre in Ireland who cannot transfer me to Northampton and there is now way that I can speak to them anyway as they have three call centres who deal with people trying to leave and you could get put through to any.

She has now gone elsewhere and the new provider will sort the change with talktalk. A quick google of talktalk revealed that our experience is not unusual. In one case I read, the (leaving following crap service) fee had gone up to £91 and was from a debt collection agency. This was the first letter they received after leaving.

I thought Orange were bad but (honestly) talktalk in my experience are in a different class. A guy I spoke to at Sky years ago was caught in a direct lie to me when I tried to cancel the movie package. I thought that would take some beating but talktalk wins hands down as the worst Company I’ve experienced.

I'm sure the service once you get going is fine - although I was cut off twice when talking to their call centres - but close on four hours of my time just to cancel an account is taking the ****.

One last thing . I said to the guy on the phone (who promised me that the Manager would phone) to not let me stew on this over the weekend.

Well that was ignored and I am a member of lot's of forums. Some of which I haven't visited for a while... lol

Rant over.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

sounds like youve had 4 hours of your life taken away from you Steve.........Think we are going to stick with BT ....thanks for the advice

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talktalk are totally rubbish same with AOL, would avoid them two at all costs, even sky aint too great. It really all depends some of the samller unheard of companies actually offer great deals and super speeds due to their servers are not packed with clients like the major companies. I'm with BT myself have the best package they offer and its not too bad the line does lose connection here and then maybe once every 3 weeks for like 5 minutes other than that it been great. I had the same problem when I was with Tesco internet (part of Virgin) sent me faulty equiptment took forever to get the line sorted and wanted to cancel but would not waiver the fee they had impossed to do so a complete pain in the ass.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Kin ell Steve, what a shower of...............!

As for your last paragraph, yeah, where have you been? Been missing pics of your shiney black motor!

Paul.

Snowman, you got your ears on?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I cannot dissude people enough from the shambles that is TalkTalk.

My father and my father-in-law decided on upgrading from dial-up to broadband at the same time: 9th February this year.

My dad had a business line with BT, then when the Post Office shut they took 5 days to change it all over, any did mention there might be problems getting broadband for personal use as the PO had the line flagged for business broadband and it could be a nightmare. I set-up his broadband with PlusNet online and within six days his router arrived and his line was on, he was up and running that day - no technical issues or anything.

My father-in-law already had TalkTalk as his phone line provider so went with their cheap deal. OMG.
    Finally, last weekend, 17th April!, his router had arrived and his line was on...intermittently. It took three of us nearly four hours to connect. It was an unimaginable nightmare, not to mention the weeks of him having to ring them up to chase up and to rectify the ongoing problems upgrading seems to bring: lost his voicemail, caller id, randomly increased his DD, charged for a line that wasn't connected.
    Although his broadband appears to be stable now, his phone line issues are ongoing. I have suggested he change provider due to the appalling customer service he has received - using a cashback site he could recoup some of the disconnection charges, but he's suffered so much he's going to see out his 18 month contract.

Avoid TalkTalk.

Avoid TalkTalk.

Avoid TalkTalk.

A few quid saved on a monthly contract isn't always worth it. Quality service is invaluable. Tactics like TalkTalk use are verging on the illegal - register your complaints with the regulater and consumer direct. The more complaints the easier it is for the enforcers to deal with this shoddy bunch.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm with talk talk, they set up my broadband in line with the schedule they said they would. My broadband is considerably faster than with my previous ISP (Tiscali) and the phone line is considerably clearer.

Their bills are cheaper than BT and more importantly easier to understand with transparent simple to understand pricing. I have never had to speak to customer services in the last 2 years I have been with them so cannot comment on their customer support but they cannot be worse than Tiscali.

So far a happy customer

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by krh134 View Post
    I'm with talk talk, they set up my broadband in line with the schedule they said they would. My broadband is considerably faster than with my previous ISP (Tiscali) and the phone line is considerably clearer.

Their bills are cheaper than BT and more importantly easier to understand with transparent simple to understand pricing. I have never had to speak to customer services in the last 2 years I have been with them so cannot comment on their customer support but they cannot be worse than Tiscali.

So far a happy customer
    Same as. We changed from BT for our phone/broadband because we were fed up with their pricing and their constant trying to push us into additional services we didn't want. Went with talktalk, modem arrived, plugged in on the start date, everything went through without a hitch. So far we've been more than happy with their service and saved around 2/3 off our original bill. Haven't had to contact customer services yet, but can't be much worse than the problems we had with BT.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm genuinly pleased that some have had positive experiences with talktalk. It restores some balance.

I'm not going to take it any further unless they try and fine her for leaving. Despite the rant I have no problem if there are technical issues which need to be sorted. What sticks in the throat is the feeling that it was a bunch of immature kids having a laugh. That's fine if talktalk are happy for that to be the face of customer services but she simply felt that she didn't wish to pay for that even if it was a few quid cheaper.

Anyway she's sorted with someone else now so job done.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talktalk are a joke. A freind of mine has just renewed her contract for 18 months. Big big mistake. She loses her internet connection for days at a time. Usually she gets it restored after spending hours on the phone speaking to people in far away places who always tell her that the fault is with her equipment but by some miracle the can restore the service which sometimes lasts for a day. Then back on yhe phone to the "TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT" She's tried to cancel her contract because they are not giving the service which she is paying for but they say that she must pay the remainder of her contract. When she told them that she intended to cancel the direct debit they said that they would disconnect her telephone service. They are a JOKE AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

'I haven’t lost my marbles, they’re in a bag somewhere? .. '
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No problems here with Tiscali/Talk Talk now 3 years hth ......................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information