Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default A Vectra problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a 53 reg Vectra 2.2 direct automatic (66k) that has an intermittant problem. Around town, which is where I do most driving, it is fine. However on a faster road it sometimes develops a problem. If you accelerate fast (kick down) it gets to about 50mph and the engine seems to run really badly and the car won't accelerate. This sems to last for the rest of the journey. If you accelerate more gradually, you don't get the problem and can get to 70 easily. When this happens it activates one of the warnings (the one with the spanner), which goes when you restart the engine. Yesterday it activated the one that looks like an engine. This hasn't disappeared yet. I intend to get my mechanic to look into this problem. Does anybody have any suggestions/

Thanks,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My is with manual gearbox,so I am not sure if that can be some problem with your automatic gearbox.Can be also fuel regulato or Siemens fuel pamp.
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107803
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88701
    Do you talking about read small engin?If yes,it it emission warning light.My VX doesnt like petrol from Shell gas station.Happend twice when I took fuel from Shell.After secend time when emission light came on I when to BP and emission light has gone.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Quote Originally Posted by RobertsVectra View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have a 53 reg Vectra 2.2 direct automatic (66k) that has an intermittant problem. Around town, which is where I do most driving, it is fine. However on a faster road it sometimes develops a problem. If you accelerate fast (kick down) it gets to about 50mph and the engine seems to run really badly and the car won't accelerate. This sems to last for the rest of the journey. If you accelerate more gradually, you don't get the problem and can get to 70 easily. When this happens it activates one of the warnings (the one with the spanner), which goes when you restart the engine. Yesterday it activated the one that looks like an engine. This hasn't disappeared yet. I intend to get my mechanic to look into this problem. Does anybody have any suggestions/

Thanks,

Robert
    I notice you have a direct 2.2 mate. It might be worth getting the codes read, it could be the start of the fuel pump/ reg fault. Although im not familiar with the Auto set up and what problems that can cause. If you hadn't said it was an auto I would go straight for the pump, and TBH its still probably your best bet, but getting the codes read is a must IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Few weeks ago I called VX Customer Service and adviser told me that I have recall for High Fuel Presure Regulator,and my VX Dealer had change it for free.You can also check if Your car has it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

The orange engine light is the emissions so seems there is a mixture problem I would say. There is an out of tolerance in the emissions levels which trips this light - either over/underfueling.

Hope it is something stupid.

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We should have hope!One of my friends had problem with fuel pump like some of guys having 2.2 Direct engins.Opel told him that he has to change High Presure Fuel pump.He didn,t buy a new one.Just he took it out and find the problem.Inside the fuel pump are 3 membranes.One of them was broken.He bought a used one and change broken one for a good one and problem disappeared.The used one cost him about £40.It's big deferent pay £40 instead of £340!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the help so far. I have booked it in for Vauxhall to check whether the recall for the High Fuel Pressure Regulator has been applied. They have no record of it having been done. I hope that fixes it.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Everyone,

Vauxhall said that the pressure regulator had been changed recently, so it was not eligible for the recall. As I did not have an invoice, I could not say whether it was within warranty, so I had to pay for a new pressure regulator. They fitted a new one. That didn't fix the problem. It needed a new pump as well. It is supposed to be fixed now. I will wait and see. The warranty I got when I bought the car didn't cover either part, so I had a bill of over £650. Ouch.

The somewhat poorer, Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exact same problems of my old mans 2.2 direct auto signum. His was only 3 yrs old and had only done 23k turned out it was the dreaded high pressure fuel pump.

Thread Information