Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Just lost all power at 3000 rpm on 3.0 V6 CDTi

Hi,
    Not sure if anyone else has had this, but just driving along the road, went to put my foot down for a nice long bend and the engine got to 3000 rpm and stopped accelerating closest thing I can think of is like hitting a rev limiter.

Stopped accelerating, revved it again stopped at 3000rpm again, dropped revs, floored it and it went off like a scalded cat, so back to normal

Drove it around some nice wide lanes for a few minutes, didnt do it again. Took the car into the local dealers, guy put it on the diagnostics, no errors codes at all, nothing, nada (which should be good news, as my judder at 1500 might not be SCV's as I'm running the latest software which should flag this).

Car was due to go in for a new fuel filter on Monday just gone, but I couldnt make it, so it was rebooked for this Friday, so hopefully just a load of crap in the filter (its only done 10k on this filter), garage tried to get me in while I waited but they couldnt guarantee I'd be out in time to get home to collect kids from school, so credit to them there

Garage did mention they'd had a few petrol motors in with clogged up filters, all using the same BP garage I use, in the last few months, apparently got a weird layer of 'slime' in the tanks when drained, but dealer did admit it had never happened to them with a diesel, so looks like I might need to find a new fuelling stop

As I've said I've had a weird judder at 1500 since I had the car, dealer and I where going down the SCV route (all under warranty!), but now not sure if it is as there's no fault codes logged to say theres a fuel pressure fault, so would be nice to know a simple 11+VAT filter is all thats needed to fix it lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Signum

Trim : Sport

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 12/03

SCVs will not show a code until it gets pretty bad. Might still be a clogged fuel filter mate Had this on mine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post
    SCVs will not show a code until it gets pretty bad. Might still be a clogged fuel filter mate Had this on mine
    Yeah, hope it is, cost isnt the issue, its all under warranty, its the inconvenience and I do like my motor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

But I have to say I had a code showing. I think it was P0190 - fuel pressure negative deviation. Replaced the fuel filter and the fault was gone...but then replaced the SCVs too just to be sure + I got the parts cheap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi,
    Just had the filter replaced (approx £56 inc VAT as I wanted the dealer to have no - you changed it yourself and broke something excuses), and touch wood it seems OK. Just took it on a nice run through some 30, 40,50 and 60 limits, plenty of overtaking, etc. car goes like a scalded cat again

Not sure if its cured the judder at 1500, I couldnt recreate it, but then I couldnt recreate it all the time before I changed the filter so will keep an eye on it and see.

Might be off to Exeter next week, so will give it a nice 4-5 hour run then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good luck mate
    I will be having the SCVs replaced on mine soon for around £150. The *******s won't replace them under warranty so they're now offering to pay for labour costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Celes View Post
    Good luck mate
    I will be having the SCVs replaced on mine soon for around £150. The *******s won't replace them under warranty so they're now offering to pay for labour costs.
    Thats good though, if its only the parts you're paying for, the dealer printed off field remedy 1957 this morning, as it shows most of my problems are similar (even though I'd already told them about it a few weeks ago lol) and he was saying its a massive horrible job, they've only done 3 in total and hated then cos the pump is at the bottom of the V, so apparently its front of the car off, all the chains have to come off, manifolds, etc. a real pig of a job, so given the choice i'd rather pay for parts than labour lol

(but not as good as paying nothing!)

Apparently the guy was saying the the AA Gold warranty I have it pretty much useless, apparently the AA won't replace parts unless the car is actually not drivable. He told me they had a car in which had a gearbox issue where they couldnt select 3rd gear, all the other gears worked, apparently the AA wouldnt pay for the repair as the car was still drivable as you could change from 2nd to 4th. In the end apparently the garage paid for the work, so not so sure what will happen if it turns out to be the SCV's, although I did report the issue within 3 days of getting the car, so the garage are aware of this, so if it is the SCVs and the AA don't pay, the garage better had or I'll be up there shouting a lot until they do lol
    Last edited by neverton; 23rd April 2010 at 14:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I spoke too soon. The dealer now refuse to do the job (cos they are useless undertrained *****) and are willing to supply the parts for free. I guess I'll be taking the Siggy to the dealer who did my last one.

The whole top of the engine has to come off: intake manifold, common rail and pipes, lower manifold, EGR and EGR cooler, coolant pipes and wiring. 7.5h

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by neverton View Post
    Hi,
    Just had the filter replaced (approx £56 inc VAT as I wanted the dealer to have no - you changed it yourself and broke something excuses), and touch wood it seems OK. Just took it on a nice run through some 30, 40,50 and 60 limits, plenty of overtaking, etc. car goes like a scalded cat again

Not sure if its cured the judder at 1500, I couldnt recreate it, but then I couldnt recreate it all the time before I changed the filter so will keep an eye on it and see.

Might be off to Exeter next week, so will give it a nice 4-5 hour run then
    Yikes - filter is only a tenner from the dealership and takes 2 minutes to change...

Glad it's worked for now though, better than going straight for the SCV's...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wonder what the labour time is for a fuel filter
    Some dealerships charge a minimum rate for any job, some see common sense and charge more appropriately

However, the £56 charge may include diagnosis and road test, if the fault was reported at the time
    Equally, the warranty claim can be backdated to that date if the fault returns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information