Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Florida Holiday Advice Please

Just need a bit of advice if anyone can help.After all my little girls been through this year after being diagnosed with epilepsy I decided to go to Orlando for 2weeks in September.But whats the best to do we have got our flights and hotel booked as a package and got a car for a fortnight through dollar car rental as there where some cracking deals on there the other night.Now the one thats getting me,theme park tickets.Is it best to get them before we go or get them out there as we intend to do everything we can while there.Been advised to get them here by one mate and another who has been last 10 years says get them out there but which is best and any advice where to go would help.Im looking at a flexi plus park ticket for all parks and do a 5 or seven day Disney pass as we want to see most things while there and also have a few chill out days.Also whats the kids eat free ticket I keep seeing on sites is this any good? For the record we fly with Virgin from Manchester on the 10 sept and are staying in the Quality Inn Plazza

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I stayed in the quality inn plaza mate on international drive, really nice place and central for everything we booked hire car here but upgraded when we got there for a small fee we got theme park tickets through rep when we got there and got them cheaper than what we were quoted here. so i'd say wait till your there. one piece of advice is plan everything first. we went for two weeks and got a seven day disney and the five day universal and sea world. we were busy everyday so pleased we planned it other wise it'll be a nightmare diciding which park to do when. We also flew with virgin and everything on the flight is free beer meals all in. Free movies as each seat has its own tv built in to the headrest of the seat infront. Enjoy mate its a fantastic place! Also take a day out to visit florida mall....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just watch because there is a lot of places out there will advertise cheap park tickets but there's usually a catch. We got roped into going to a time-share presentation (1/2 day) before they'd give us the cheap tickets, total sales pitch trying to hassle you to sign up.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We've been 6 times and always get tickets out there, especially for Disney - plenty of ticket outlets, but as mentioned keep an eye out for the timeshare presentation con merchants. My ex boss fell for this and now owns part of a condo out there.

The reputable ticket agents should be able to sell the tickets for less than the pre tax price at the gate, so an instant 7% saving. We've used these people in the past, but you should get an idea of costs / exchange rates. http://orlandosavers.com/
    If you intend going again in the future, US purchased disney tickets can have a non expiry option added for unused days, whereas the UK obtained tickets (14 days for the price of 7 etc) usually have an expiry. The park hopper option is also useful for flitting about, but it costs a bit more.

Plenty to see and do, Florida Mall can be a day out on it's own - it's hooge.

Make sure you have some coins (or dollars) when you leave the airport fot the toll booths. For the car from Dollar, prepaid Platinum is the package to go for - Full tank of fuel at collection, and no need to faff about refilling before dropping it back - take it back on fumes !!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

Trim : No, over weight!

Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Being a seasoned traveller to orlando, i've got a little knowledge of the area, although the place is constantly changing by the day !

For our tickets, we use these...........
    www.orlando-ticket-deals.co.uk

You may save a couple of £'s here and there by using several different ticket agency's, but the one above is very good.

If you go to Discovery Cove and have the 'Ultimate Pack', you can swim with the dolphins and this will give you 14 days unlimited admission to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay and Aquatica (SeaWorlds water park).
    This costs £199 and you need to pre-book the dolphin swim as they only let about 800 people in per day..

The Flex-Ticket that gets you into the 2 Universal parks, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica and Wet 'n' Wild water parks costs £193 adult/£183/child. So pay the extra and swim with Flipper !
    If you fancy going to Wet 'n' Wild, pay on the gate.

Disney 7 day premium ticket is £229 adult/£199 child.
    Admission to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood studios & Animal Kingdom. Also unlimited access to the Blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon water parks.

Universal park tickets are £84 adult/£78 child gets you into Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure.

We're off out again in October for 3 weeks and are staying in a villa in Kissimmee. Bit quieter than International Drive, has the same kind of restaurants and shops and is only 5 mins to the Disney resorts.

Try the 'all you can eat' buffet restaurants, breakfasts are about $4 ish, lunch and dinner menus start at about $9 ish.
    Kids eat free with each paying adult (aged under 12 iirc).
    Ponderosa, Sizzler and Golden Coral are the best value and there are a few on I-drive to chose from.

Definitely play on the crazy golf, its a blast ! Then feed the fish and alligators at the entrance.

Don't know the dates your there in september, but there is a shuttle launch on the 16th (Discovery sts-133) but these dates are subject to change.
    We saw Atlantis go up in 2008 and trust me, this is a must do !

If your planning to go to the beach. the Gulf coast around Clearwater and St. Petersberg has the warm sea temperatures average about 78c, the Atlantic coast at Daytona etc. is alot cooler !!!

Kissimee old town has a 'cruise' on friday and saturday nights.
    Old cars one night, modern cars the other. well worth a look.

Hope this helps you a little.

If you need any more help, just give me a shout.

P.S. Race Track are usually the cheapest for fuel. Last to put prices up and first to drop them down.
    Last edited by FIL 4822; 20th April 2010 at 17:02.

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Been there 6 times and as Fil said Clearwater and St Petersberg is a must lovely beaches and warm sea!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats all helped me very much,some gresat advice there thanks.We are there on the 16th so will go see the shuttle launch as this is a must do on my list.Looks like we are gonna be busy on this hol.Im as big a kid as my daughter when it comes to doing things so will have some fun for sure.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

i went last aug 09 and with the help on info from fil we had a great time .we were there two weeks but did try and do most off what we wanted .i even went to old town cruise was very goood and the wife and the kids liked it to as there was lots to do .we also had a shuttle that was going out but that got cancelled .the good thing with the parks was that you can do two of them ,one in the morning then get the free shuttle to another one and get back and pick up your car from the first one .the passes we got them from here before going. fil was a great help with this and we did plan things first then just changed a little a long the way ,you will have a great time even the misses loved the rides . khalid

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

Trim : No, over weight!

Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

You need to pace yourself and not go too mad in the parks.

What we usually do is have a late breakfast, then spend the first part of the day round the hotel pool or go to the shopping malls.

Disneyworld resort alone covers 53 square miles !!!
    Hit the theme parks after lunch, they stay open til approx 10 p.m. depending on the season. The Disney parks have a parade at about 3 p.m. and that's the time to hit the rides that have big waiting times .

People will tell you to go anti-clockwise around the parks because the natural thing to do is go clockwise. Problem is everyone knows this now ! We don't do either. Just go anywhere and everywhere.

The water parks open at about 10 a.m. and are busy early, so better not arrive too late if you want to spend the best part of a day there. The thunderstorms normaly cut the day short though, so watch the weather channel in your hotel room.

Make sure you go see the pirate show at SeaWorld. Not for the show itself but the mime who gets the crowd in the mood before it starts.
    Absolutely brilliant.
    I recorded this last time we were there..................enjoy !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIfeyAY3b4o

Oh and this !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH-gBXs9b_4
    Last edited by FIL 4822; 23rd April 2010 at 08:41.

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im gonna plan our days before we go and just change things as we need.Gonna have a look for a buggy or something for my daughter as when she gets tired this can trigger off a fit with her epilepsy so I though get here a buggy and she can go in that for a while and have a nap when she needs to.She might look a bit silly being 8 but better then a trip to the hospital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information