0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Misfiring 2005 1.9cdti 150

Hi guys, while driving down to drop my son off at uni, I had the car in cruise control doing about 80 it suddenly started misfiing I dropped the speed down to 60 and kept in the inside lane until I could get of the motorway all the time misfiring and the spanner light flashing on and off when I got off I pulled into a layby and switched off left it ten minutes and switched on again, all seemed ok so I carried on the next forty miles on the a roads but after a few miles the misfire came back and again the flashing spanner everyso often, not as bad as on the mway but still there, I made it to the college and dropped my lad off and set off back home (200miles) after ten miles the misfire came back and the flashing light, so I pulled into a service area and rang the AA, an hour and a half later a local firm turned up as their patrols were busy, this guy told me i had a misfire and he thought it could be caused by the car not recognising the chip properly in the key so causing the light to flash and the misfire, I thought this sounded ******** but as he was sending for a tow truck to get me home I didn't argue I did ask if he was going to read the codes but he said none would be stored as the engine management light was not on, I should of insisted the codes were read but as it was now dark and 11.30 pm I just wanted to get home, which I did at 3.30am this morning.
    I've just been out and tried the spare key in it and it,s still misfing, I would be gratefull for any advice on the cause before I get the garage involved as I usually do all my repairs myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be the 3rd injector plug, whip the engine cover off by pulling up at each corner and look at the injector connectors to see if there all the same color. the one ringed has been done, this is the one that normally plays up!, you could try undoing and spraying with elec contact spray or wd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where abouts in cheshire are you i can hook it up and read the codes for you if you wish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for posting this in the wrong section looked in the right section and found the sticky on the third injector fault went out pulled off the cover, started the engine pushed on number three connector and sure enough misfire went away, very relieved to know it will only cost me £13 for the field repair kit which is now on order.
    Thanks for your replies Wizard and Cerbrious, Cerbrious just in case it's not the only fault, I'm in Stockport many thanks for the offer.

Jack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
    Sorry for posting this in the wrong section looked in the right section and found the sticky on the third injector fault went out pulled off the cover, started the engine pushed on number three connector and sure enough misfire went away, very relieved to know it will only cost me £13 for the field repair kit which is now on order.
    Thanks for your replies Wizard and Cerbrious, Cerbrious just in case it's not the only fault, I'm in Stockport many thanks for the offer.

Jack.
    Im glad its turned out to be that!, you should do the job fairly easy if you read through the guide and take your time! you will be OK! and its not an expensive repair so good news all round!, I'm always happy to help and if it saves expensive repair bills more the better. .

Thread Information