User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boring insurance thread, sorry !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VectraSXi
    Who are you insured with BTW?
    Thanks.
    i'm with elephant now, played them off with admaral, even though they are part of the same company they like to beat each other!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats what i found.. they were cutting their own throats to get the business..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ed taylor
    VV the insurance industry should take a look at itself, you for one are not going to jeppordise your car, you need it for a living, so will [I hope] take more care of it, why they do not have a special sort of policy for the likes of you cab driver,s I don,t know. "oh well"...

Funny thing is Ed they do, but it's a lot more than standard, I pay around £1100 per yr with max bonus protected and I'm 42 no accidents in the last 5 yrs 3 pts for excercising my freedom of pedal on an empty road late at night.

It gets you £1 million public liability, and the pleasure of paying the 1st £400 of any claim, if you use a radio that's an added prem too, though I think todays data box which needs to be read is more likely to cause an accident than a mic in the hand did.

So a 21 yr old starting out without any bonus can expect to pay £5000 per yr for cab insurance, (sarky remark, fare still too much is it?) that's for whom it may concern btw, lol.

Another reason for me wanting out of it, insurance,fuel,hp,repairs,servicing and the tax man, it doesn't leave much I can tell you.

Bottom line Ed is they make their own rules and policy, it's the gotcha scenario.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VECTRA C

Trim : Club

Engine : RICHARD

Year : 2004

Default Insurance Quotes/renewals

I am 47 years old and up until recently had full NCD . Long story short, I split with the ex who somehow managed to keep my NCD. I didn't realise until some guy broadsides me and the insurance company I was using at the time wanted to double my premium. I went ballistic- letters to the CEO, ABI and other bodies. They made out that because the "error" had been longer than 2 years, there was nothing they could do???

I bought an 03 plate 1.8 LS on the cheap and had 18 months fairly reliable motoring. The water pump failed on the way to have a new one fitted killing the engine and writing the car off. U had renewed the insurance premium a month before, using Octagon insurance.

I bought an 04 plate 1.8 Club. I phoned Octagon to put the new car onto the insurance and remove the 03 plate. They came back to me and doubled the premium??? I had no claims during the policy, no motoring offences, no change in circumstances or anything that could possibly put me at higher risk. I went through their sales line who told me "That particular year must suffer from higher theft or accident claim rates". My response went some thing like ""Don't be so stupid. My car is usually parked between a high end Mitsubishi Shogun (similar age to mine) and a 2012 Passat tdi. Do you honestly think a thief is going to go for a Vauxhall Vectra with child seats in?"

I wound up cancelling the policy and went with Direct Line at £650. Not happy about It, but I am not paying £1000+.

Has anybody else experienced this kind of daylight robbery?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI gone to scrap yard in the sky:(

Engine : 1.8 16v Z18XE

Year : 2005

Mileage : 112725

Pretty much me, i was with elephant paying around £470, the renewal was £700 plus for the same cover, shopped around using confused and got the insurance down to £442 with esure and same cover plus i have the cover to drive another persons car with their permission, something that elephant don`t do, i won`t be using elephant again for other reasons, one being that they wanted to write my car off after someone had put a small dent on my drivers door, rather than say go and get a few qoutes they straight away said that it would be easier to write the car off than repair, weren`t interested in offering to sort it out, they`d be happy in leaving me without a car.
    So i said i won`t bother going through the insurance then, but like idiots they have recorded it so its on file now, even though i`ve settled with the other guy by being paid cash.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information