Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default need help

just took my car for whell tracking and this is the third time and still not right wheel is right and down and cant seem to solve it ,could be another trip back to the tracking place again.getting a bit cheesed of now ,did not have a prob but wanted it checking out .what would wheel alignment do that tracking would not do .and do stealers do wheel alignment and how much do they charge.they are using a computerised tracking system ,is this what they call a hunter system,please help cause i cannot drive my car with the wheel not in the centre

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Seem to get the same thing mate whenever mine gets tracked, got mine setup on Monday at www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk and again wheel was slightly to the right on a flat even road, so had to take it back again (within the hour) and the guy suggested to me that I should be the one to set the steering wheel straight and go from there, funny thing is I set it to the centre position and then said to the guy what do you think, does it look straight to you and he says ' looks a little to the left to me' and then says that if I'm happy where it is as I'm the one driving the car, then we'll set it up like that, anyway seems fairly straight now, so might be worth taking yours back and asking if you can set it to centre and see what happens, also have noticed that these cars as strange as it sounds!! seem sensitive to road camber as the steering in my opinion is pretty crap on these cars compared to others I have owned i.e too light at speed and not enough feel , so make doubly sure that you test it on a road with little or no camber if possible. HTH
    Cheers Pete

Thread Information