Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum - Buy or walk away

Hi Folks, My wife orderd a 2004 signum 2.2 direct design petrol last week, but she hasnt been able to pick it up yet. when we took it out for a test drive we noticed it was misfiring. The dealer (arnold clark east kilbride) said it had still to go through the workshop and give told us we could pick it up middle of last week. That week they said they thought it was an engine sensor that was causing the misfire so ordered a new one and put it in, but still had the same problem. they transferred it over to the vauxhall branch who put diagnosed it as a fuel pump problem and are in the process of replacing that and we have to pick it up this week. The alarm bells are ringing slighty in our minds thinking we should maybe walk away, but then from looking at some of the posts on here it would appear the fuel pump is a common issue. So our other thought is should we go for it, as we know (hope) these two things have been addressed so hopefully we should have a few years problem free motoring. Plus if we then got and look at another similar aged one it could be fine at the time but then the pump could go in 6 months or so leaving us with the bill. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated to help us feel a bit more confidednt in our decission either way. Also if we do go for it is there anything else we should get them to look at whilst its in? cheers for reading this one.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds like a good one, if they have fixed these problems all will be good hopefully for the length of time you own the car, you will get their 3 month waranty plus i would advise to take their auto care waranty i personaly think it's worth it for the £250 it cost is has saved me over £800 in repairs.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Barntonburly View Post
    Hi Folks, My wife orderd a 2004 signum 2.2 direct design petrol last week, but she hasnt been able to pick it up yet. when we took it out for a test drive we noticed it was misfiring. The dealer (arnold clark east kilbride) said it had still to go through the workshop and give told us we could pick it up middle of last week. That week they said they thought it was an engine sensor that was causing the misfire so ordered a new one and put it in, but still had the same problem. they transferred it over to the vauxhall branch who put diagnosed it as a fuel pump problem and are in the process of replacing that and we have to pick it up this week. The alarm bells are ringing slighty in our minds thinking we should maybe walk away, but then from looking at some of the posts on here it would appear the fuel pump is a common issue. So our other thought is should we go for it, as we know (hope) these two things have been addressed so hopefully we should have a few years problem free motoring. Plus if we then got and look at another similar aged one it could be fine at the time but then the pump could go in 6 months or so leaving us with the bill. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated to help us feel a bit more confidednt in our decission either way. Also if we do go for it is there anything else we should get them to look at whilst its in? cheers for reading this one.
    First thing I'd do was negotiate a reduced price for inconvenience, then and only when I had test driven the car and it worked / performed flawlessly, I would voice my uncertainty with regard to the recent repairs and attempt to negotiate an extended warranty.
    (At no extra cost of course)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh also meant to say when i mentioned we were thinking about walking away for another one was that they are now showing some 04 dieseld on their site for £500 more. Would that be a better option?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Saxman View Post
    First thing I'd do was negotiate a reduced price for inconvenience, then and only when I had test driven the car and it worked / performed flawlessly, I would voice my uncertainty with regard to the recent repairs and attempt to negotiate an extended warranty.
    (At no extra cost of course)
    to be fair considering its arnold clark they have been quite helpful so far, offering to cover the costs of my missus having to rearrange her insurance twice. but we were planning on pushing them for some kind of better warranty as they now only offer 1 month by default.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Barntonburly View Post
    to be fair considering its arnold clark they have been quite helpful so far, offering to cover the costs of my missus having to rearrange her insurance twice. but we were planning on pushing them for some kind of better warranty as they now only offer 1 month by default.
    ONE MONTH...............................That in itself would be enough for me to walk away.
    (And probably not even consider buying from them in the first place !!!)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

even more confused now, been looking at this thread : http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...=107843&page=2 and the related watchdog post and wondering if the 2.2 in general should be avoided like the plague or if its just things getting blown out of proportion?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra sri 150

Engine : 1900 cdti 150

Year : 2008

if its had pump replaced there's not much more that goes wrong apart from timing chain always liked the 2.2 motor would still go for it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i guess from reading up it would be the continental pump they would replace it with and that should be fine? should i push them to do the regulators too?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

regulator and fuelrail sensor,they are the only 3 things that can go wrong on the fuel system of a 2.2 i know been there done it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information