Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy limp mode at approx 3000 rpm on 3.0 CDTi SRi

Hi everyone, can anyone help before I lose the will to live. I have a 2005 3.0 CDTI SRi I have had since new (now on 65K). In December I started to get the car cutting into limp home mode in either 3rd or 4th gear at approx. 3000rpm. My local vauxhall dealer in Derby diagnosed a faulty Turbo Boost presssure sensor which was subsequently changed. When I next drove the car a couple of weeks later (insignia now my day to day car) the fault re-occured. Back to the dealer who reset, checked for split & cracked/leaking hoses or pipes. They kept it 2-3 days to road test it. Car seemed ok on return - test drove for about 40 miles. Next day the fault was back. Back to the dealer for third time. This time after 3 days, they changed the boost pressure solinoid valve & then roadtested for a couple of days. On return I put an immediate 200 miles on the car over 2 days without fault. The next time I drove it a week later the fault was back. Back to the dealer for the 4th time (each time I have returned the car with the fault on & the car still ticking over). After demonstarting the fault in real time to a mechanic on a road test with tech 2 plugged in, this time they they changed out the Boost Presure sensor for a second time thinking the original was faulty. More road tests - back to me, & again a couple of days later the fault is back. So....back to the dealer for all of last week. They tried some Vauxhall suggested "field remedies?" which included taking off the switch/valve off the top of the ECU and replacing. The mechanic ran the car again for 3 days without fault. I picked it up last Friday & took it for a 50 mile test drive before releasing it from the garage. Saturday morning and again the fault is back - always in 3rd or 4th, always around the 3000 rpm. Weird thing is it can run for miles on the same trip before it comes back on again. The warning sign on the dash alternates between the spanner & emmisions warning light. Tech 2 always reads the same - Boost pressure high input code P0105. Now at my wits end as I do not want to part with this car and my wife does not want t drive it now with the kids in due to the sudden loss of power. The local dealer suggeted if th fault did return, they would now hae to possibly look at changing the turbocharger £1,500 quoted) and failing that the ECU (£1,300 quoted). Any advice anybody can give would be much appreciated. I have also logged the issue with Vauxhall Customer Care who do seem to be actively listing at the moment, but probably also because they have had to sort out various problems over the last 6 months with my Insignia Elite (will post them on a separate thread). Pete.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Signum

Trim : Sport

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 12/03

Is the power output linear and not jerky i.e. sudden surge of punch? The engine could be overboosting thus kicking into limp mode. Mine was underboosting and I had to clean the variable vanes. I replaced the turbo because I got one very cheap on ebay. I still have it, done 3k miles with it but took it off and put the old one back when I sold the car to the dealer. Looking for 350 squid+postage

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The Y30DT does suffer from turbo faults, the variable vains stick in the turbo and cause it to overboost, I would snap up that one for 350 squid..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks, Will also see what vauxhall customer are has to say. I did originally have a new 04 plate identical car that had similar problems after only 250 miles on the road except the fault on Tech 2 iidentified that as the fly by wire accelerator, but happened at similar revs. Despite 2 full months of that car being back at the dealer and vauxhall they could not solve the problem and took the car back and gave me my current replacement. Hope your 3.2 is running ok, I like them - my friend used to have one and we used to swap every now & again. I still miss my Vectra B's, had two 2.5V6's - back in the days where it was still rare to have a V6.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Send the turbo to turbo technic and get it cleaned. They check all settings and clean the vains. I have an ecu for a V6 CDTI blanked so it can use on any car £150.

Thread Information