Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Goodbye Vectra C Hello Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCI

After a brief but vaguely pleasureable relationship with my 2.2 Direct, it`s time to say goodbye

Going back to my old love a Ford Mondeo

Can`t get used to all the knocks and noises from the old girl. Alongsde this is the replacement inlet manifold it had to have at 53,000 miles, the rubbish handbrake, uncomfortable seats etc.
    Also another nail in the coffin is the wife hates the Vectra Oh well

I will continue to view the site, I have never been part of a more friendly, helpfull forum in my life.

A big thanks to all

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a dog Keep up the fuel filter changes on your new motor Always liked those myself - performance blue??
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    Sorry to hear you had a bit of a dog Keep up the fuel filter changes on your new motor Always liked those myself - performance blue??

Yes, you guessed it, performance blue

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats what i was going to get,but when i went to the garage they had just sold it 20 mins before i got there,then i seen the 150 cdti sri and bought it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good luck with the flywheel and injectors on your car mate. If its got over 80k on the clock i would factor in the cost of a flywheel and clutch. They can go anywhere between 80 and 110k and will set you back over £700 if you shop around or £1400 from Ford.
    And use a shot of millers sport 4 injector cleaner with every tank of fuel to keep the injectors in good condition. They are notorious for being a week point and can cost up to £250 each to get replaced and you need to get them coded. And only Ford can do it or a Delphi agent.
    Other than that it is a cracking car and engine with more torque than you will ever need. Unfortunately it is that torque which kills the dual mass flywheel.
    There is a good site called STdriver which is full of usefull info and plenty of horror stories about injectors and the DMF.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    Good luck with the flywheel and injectors on your car mate. If its got over 80k on the clock i would factor in the cost of a flywheel and clutch. They can go anywhere between 80 and 110k and will set you back over £700 if you shop around or £1400 from Ford.
    And use a shot of millers sport 4 injector cleaner with every tank of fuel to keep the injectors in good condition. They are notorious for being a week point and can cost up to £250 each to get replaced and you need to get them coded. And only Ford can do it or a Delphi agent.
    Other than that it is a cracking car and engine with more torque than you will ever need. Unfortunately it is that torque which kills the dual mass flywheel.
    There is a good site called STdriver which is full of usefull info and plenty of horror stories about injectors and the DMF.
    Thanks for the scrare stories Crespo, but the car is still under ford warranty, then covered for a further 2 years.
    However i do take on board your advice and will use millers injector cleaner.
    I also work in the motor trade and diagnostics/coding is not usually a problem.

Cheers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kevin9885 View Post
    Yes, you guessed it, performance blue
    Ahh the best colour

Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    Cos the vec's perfect
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 110k

There's a nice diesel ST at my work in silver, if i dont get my way and get a VXR (running costs) in a few years i'd be very tempted

Our second car is a horrible blue 1.8 lx, but its never let us down in 4yrs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kevin9885 View Post
    Thanks for the scrare stories Crespo, but the car is still under ford warranty, then covered for a further 2 years.
    However i do take on board your advice and will use millers injector cleaner.
    I also work in the motor trade and diagnostics/coding is not usually a problem.

Cheers
    Didnt mean to put doom and gloom on your new motor.
    The ST TDCI is a great car but those problems i mentioned are definately ones to keep an eye on.
    There are a few more niggly things such as handbreak cable seizures and knocking cables. But there nothing major.
    You will love the car but just make sure your warrenty covers what i mentioned and you will be fine.
    If you are after a bit more poke look no further than a roverron synergie tuning box. They are amazing and developed on your engine. It gives better performance than bluefin and only costs £160 bluefin is £460. The best bang for buck you can get. 200 bhp and enough torque to pull down a house.
    You will be chasing ST220's with one of these fitted.
    You can find them at tuningdiesels.co.uk
    Dont be put off because it is a tuning box. Like i said it was developed for your engine and is the next best thing to a remap but 100's cheaper.
    Oh if you get a vibration between 1800 and 2000 rpm in the cabin it will be the intercooler pipe vibating on the lower crossmember. Very common and ford dealers never pick it up. It can be cured with a rag wedged between the pipe and crossmember.
    There are loads of tips and tricks for your car that can be found in the wiki section of STdriver.com like how to enable anti hijak and disable the seatbelt alarm, reset the one touch up and down for the electric windows etc etc etc.
    Enjoy your new car.

Thread Information