Went to look at another 3.0 Elite yesterday, I've been after one for a while, but once again it wasn't quite right.
I could do with knowing a bit more about the age/spec differences.

We're hoping to get a pre-facelift model, but would very much like the privacy glass, chrome tailpipes and CD70 stereo. Am I right in thinking these came in in 2005?

The one we saw, a 2005/54 reg, had a CD70 and the later steering wheel controls, but only a mono screen - which I thought was a bit odd. It also didn't have a sixth gear, which I thought came in in 05. Although it did have the frost button on the gearbox.

It didn't have memory seats either, or the rain sensetive wipers, auto lights or electrochromatic mirrors. I'm guessing these were options and nobody ticked the boxes on this car?

One other thing we found odd, slightly unrelated, but someone here will know, the auto button for the climate control would only light up while the engine wasn't running. Is this a fault, or is it normal?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate any help you can give me in my research.