Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum Elite spec questions

Went to look at another 3.0 Elite yesterday, I've been after one for a while, but once again it wasn't quite right.
    I could do with knowing a bit more about the age/spec differences.

We're hoping to get a pre-facelift model, but would very much like the privacy glass, chrome tailpipes and CD70 stereo. Am I right in thinking these came in in 2005?

The one we saw, a 2005/54 reg, had a CD70 and the later steering wheel controls, but only a mono screen - which I thought was a bit odd. It also didn't have a sixth gear, which I thought came in in 05. Although it did have the frost button on the gearbox.

It didn't have memory seats either, or the rain sensetive wipers, auto lights or electrochromatic mirrors. I'm guessing these were options and nobody ticked the boxes on this car?

One other thing we found odd, slightly unrelated, but someone here will know, the auto button for the climate control would only light up while the engine wasn't running. Is this a fault, or is it normal?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate any help you can give me in my research.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

wouldnt mind knowing this myself, this and the elegance models.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

you can get 2005 Elites with privacy glass, cd70 and twin chrome tailpipes, at least mines had these when it left the factory... I do not have the memory seats though, you need the model with folding door mirrors for that... I am not interested in the rain sensitive wipers and auto lights though as i had read about these going wrong on many cars. Not sure about the climate control thing, there are two different types availbable, mine is the one with individual temperature settings and its not unheard of for these to go wrong.
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unfortunately, only the very early Signum Elite's were spec'd with the memory seats as standard - after that it wasn't even an option..

The trouble with Signums is that because there's not that many around (only about 200 on Autotrader at any one time) you basically have to take what you can get unless you're willing to wait for one with all your options ticked to come up. This could be never, depending on where you are and how far you're willing to travel.

I was lucky and managed to find a manual 3.0 Elite from 2007 with every option box ticked and all the Irmscher kit fitted - never seen another one like it anywhere...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 55000

As to the Auto button. Mine will light when the engine is running. I would have thought this is when you need it on. When you are driving the car. Sounds odd to me what you saw??.

East Scotland Regional Organiser signumboy's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 2.0 Ltr Turbo

Year : 2004

Mileage : 38000

Quote Originally Posted by g1jkb View Post
    Went to look at another 3.0 Elite yesterday, I've been after one for a while, but once again it wasn't quite right.

We're hoping to get a pre-facelift model, but would very much like the privacy glass, chrome tailpipes and CD70 stereo. Am I right in thinking these came in in 2005?

The one we saw, a 2005/54 reg, had a CD70 and the later steering wheel controls, but only a mono screen - which I thought was a bit odd. It also didn't have a sixth gear, which I thought came in in 05. Although it did have the frost button on the gearbox.

It didn't have memory seats either, or the rain sensetive wipers, auto lights or electrochromatic mirrors. I'm guessing these were options and nobody ticked the boxes on this car?

One other thing we found odd, slightly unrelated, but someone here will know, the auto button for the climate control would only light up while the engine wasn't running. Is this a fault, or is it normal?

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate any help you can give me in my research.
    you get most of those specs on the design model

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by g1jkb View Post

THIS will answer most of your questions.

As for the auto button, pressing it when the engine off gives you "residual air con". It should work when the engine is running although I seem to remember something about it not working on some setting, however i cannot remember which.

Quote Originally Posted by big-dave View Post
    wouldnt mind knowing this myself, this and the elegance models.
    Have a look at my link above
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Thread Information