User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: fitting hid kit

  1. #1
    Regular Member vectragsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cheshire/staffordshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default fitting hid kit

    im just about to go out and fit my hid kit but wondering which way is best to tackle it. im changing sidelights and indicators while im there so would the best option be take the bumper off and reove headlights?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Bethan39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectragsi3.2 View Post
    im just about to go out and fit my hid kit but wondering which way is best to tackle it. im changing sidelights and indicators while im there so would the best option be take the bumper off and reove headlights?
    It would make life easier for you, can be done without though bumper removal is only 5 mins so up to you really

  3. #3
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You don't need to take the bumper off on a pre-facelift. Just remove the airbox, and from the other side the washer bottle neck and you have enough room to then fit the HiD kit (one ballast can go inside the battery box, and the other can fit into the seemingly purpose made hole in the wing on the drivers side) - dead easy - just take your time.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Bethan39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    You don't need to take the bumper off on a pre-facelift. Just remove the airbox, and from the other side the washer bottle neck and you have enough room to then fit the HiD kit (one ballast can go inside the battery box, and the other can fit into the seemingly purpose made hole in the wing on the drivers side) - dead easy - just take your time.
    I believe he has a facelift looking at some of his posts

  5. #5
    Regular Member Bethan39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan39 View Post
    I believe he has a facelift looking at some of his posts
    I could be wrong though lol

  6. #6
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan39 View Post
    I believe he has a facelift looking at some of his posts
    You're right, just checked his profile.

    I was going off his username.

    So with a facelift, remove the bumper, it makes it soooo much easier

  7. #7
    Regular Member vectragsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cheshire/staffordshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    right quick update thanks for the replies ive took the bumper off lights out and fitted everything back together as i thought they worked but after 20 seconds they flicker and just go off?????? can someone advise me on how to make them work properly please!!!

  8. #8
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectragsi3.2 View Post
    right quick update thanks for the replies ive took the bumper off lights out and fitted everything back together as i thought they worked but after 20 seconds they flicker and just go off?????? can someone advise me on how to make them work properly please!!!
    Which kit is it..?

    Did you get any cancellers with the kit..?

  9. #9
    Regular Member glenboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sunny Dartmoor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hope you didn't buy them from HIDs direct......

  10. #10
    Regular Member Dan_BlackSRi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glenboy View Post
    Hope you didn't buy them from HIDs direct......
    Thats what I was wondering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. hid fitting
    By mrk in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th February 2011, 18:25
  2. USB fitting
    By chinarose87 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th March 2010, 17:21
  3. When im fitting
    By PAULMAC77 in forum Styling
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd April 2009, 15:30
  4. fitting a PS2
    By steeb82 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th December 2008, 09:30

Visitors found this page by searching for:

vectra c fitting a hid kit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •