StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Have a got a case?

Hey guys

Went to fill up at my local petrol station yesterday and realised they had changed their pumps recently. This is the first time ive used the new pumps they have installed

I filled up only to find i couldnt get the nossle back out of my car!!! i tryed rotating it both way and wiggling it out as i know some nossles with some cars case a problem that u have to twist before pulling out, but i got no joy! tried getting it out for a good few minutes until i had to go and tell the guys behind the counter.

We eventually got it out by pushing a screwdriver underneath the nossle to try and prise the thing down it was caught on (which was obviously the flap).

Took a total of about 20minutes to get the nossle out and its left my car with a broken and crumpled metal flap so there is nothing stopping dirt getting into my tank.

Im going to get in touch with co-op main office tomorrow as they are closed over the holidays but just wondering what your thoughts are on it

The woman in the shop said they have already complained to head office about the pumps as apparantly they have had loads of cars that they dont fit into....

From what i can tell as i put the nossle in, the flap must have jammed behind the last ledge on the bottom of the nossle (which had a flat edge on the ledge as opposed the sloped...)

If they wont pay up for the repairs, how much am i likely to have to fork out to fix it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuddy View Post
    Hey guys

Went to fill up at my local petrol station yesterday and realised they had changed their pumps recently. This is the first time ive used the new pumps they have installed

I filled up only to find i couldnt get the nossle back out of my car!!! i tryed rotating it both way and wiggling it out as i know some nossles with some cars case a problem that u have to twist before pulling out, but i got no joy! tried getting it out for a good few minutes until i had to go and tell the guys behind the counter.

We eventually got it out by pushing a screwdriver underneath the nossle to try and prise the thing down it was caught on (which was obviously the flap).

Took a total of about 20minutes to get the nossle out and its left my car with a broken and crumpled metal flap so there is nothing stopping dirt getting into my tank.

Im going to get in touch with co-op main office tomorrow as they are closed over the holidays but just wondering what your thoughts are on it

The woman in the shop said they have already complained to head office about the pumps as apparantly they have had loads of cars that they dont fit into....

From what i can tell as i put the nossle in, the flap must have jammed behind the last ledge on the bottom of the nossle (which had a flat edge on the ledge as opposed the sloped...)

If they wont pay up for the repairs, how much am i likely to have to fork out to fix it?

noooo way this happened to me a few months ago i was in sainsburys i was filling up my cdti when yepp nossle jammed i tried and tried neway went to get the man he said ohh no not again its the 2nd vec this has happened to neway we could not budge it he said he will need to call the engineer so i sat in car he came out and said he is on his way but he will be 6 HOURS hes coming from wales OMG i flipped neway i asked for a incidednt form ect he looked shocked i gave details ect and w8ted neway i managed to get it out myself he said ohhh son thats a diff fuel tank thats not your original one YEAH RIGHT my car only had 10k on it neway i drove off and never herd a thing so i guess was just one of those things

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its fairly common tbh. Just don't stick it in too far
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had several owners of Vectras (plus other vehicle types) make claims against the petrol station business I am involved in for this problem
    They all get referred to the insurance company and as far as I am aware they have all been paid out

You need to make a claim
    Make sure you obtain a copy of the Incident Report from the Petrol Station, keep a copy yourself, and submit a copy to your insurance company
    You should receive a response from the Petrol Station insurer within 28 days, but put on the Incident Report that repair is required within 24 hours of the incident
    Keep the receipts for the repair work

The minimum amount for a claim is typically £500
    Below this the Petrol Station insurer will decline the claim, leaving you to go down the small claims court route

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filling up the vectra "is a lot like making love to a beautifull woman" you dont just want to ram it in, A gentle tipping to start with...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leemarksmith View Post
    Filling up the vectra "is a lot like making love to a beautifull woman" you dont just want to ram it in, A gentle tipping to start with...

Class!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its happen to me before but luckly got it out with no damage ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same problem at a local Shell garage, where the nozels have the teeth on them, tbh its the only garage where ive noticed the teeth on the nozzle and just dont go there anymore, I didnt use it frequently anyway as its one of the more expesive places round my way. I managed to get it out with a mixture of twisting, tilting and plain old foot against the car pulling

Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information