Thread: Had enough!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Had enough!!

Just a post to let you all know,that unfortunately after owning and being a Vauxhall fan for 25 years i am changing brands.Have owned Astras,Cavaliers,and 4 Vectras.Anyway my latest one a GSI mustve been built by the works experience lad.Nothing but problems,the latest was the spanner light comming on the day before the Rolling Road meet(thats why i didn`t turn up-sorry guys).Tried a couple of Vauxhall dealers and well,you know what they are like-s***e.Had the opportunity to go for an Insignia but,to be honest i do not like them at all(ugly,fat and heavy)and by all accounts,comming from a Vauxhall Head Salesman `have their own set of problems`.It`s a crying shame as i loved my Vecs even with the problems,but have no where to go as for as Vauxhalls are concerned.My new car well 55 plate X Type Jag 2.2d se with every toy available(waiting for the onslaught)-yes i know its shares F**d engine,chassis,gearbox and bits and bobs!But cant be any less reliable than my GSI and its the same engine that they slot into the ST.So thats the score guys,but still like to remain a member here-and may even if possible turn up to a meet(i`ll hide the Jag out of sight so as not to cause distress).Dunno what do you think,will let you all decide?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Very unusal about GSi having problems, don't hear about many .

Good luck with the jag and your always welcome on vectra c mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers mate,yeh i know the 3.2 engine is sweet,but not mine.Trouble started when number 4 plug decided to disintergrate and drop all its fragments into the pot.It destroyed the rings,piston and lining.All at 37k,faulty plug i was told!!Not to frighten 3.2 owners,but may do well to check plugs now and again.As the resulting engine work amounted to £2500 and six months work on and off(as the Vx dealer couldnt get it right first time)luckily all done under warranty.Was totally p****d off the amount of times in and out of the dealers,and in the end was told thats it,cant do any more-leaving me with a car that still wasnt right and was developing electrical gremlins also.Yes i started to fight them legally and was offered a swop for a V6 Elite,which was not what i wanted and was no way as clean as my GSI.Anyway couldnt be bothered to fight anymore-to much time and money,so give up and that brings this up to date.Got a good part ex from a dealer who hasnt even started the car,or he wouldve noticed the spanner light was on,not being dishonest would you have told him?-just happy to get rid of it.Anyone offered a cheap GSI YY03 *** dont be tempted "BEWARE".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

good luck as they've said rare to get faults

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Interesting one mate, i'm contemplating buying a GSi just now so I will make sure it gets the plugs changed if I buy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if your jags a auto just watch m8 make sure the box is ok the jags auto boxes are famous for going shame about your vec m8 best of luck with the jag

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

Thanks lads,my Jags a 6 speed manual(yeh heard the autos were a bit iffy)!Well after the past year with the GSI i deserve a trouble free motor-fingers crossed.I`d definately say if your thinking of buying a V6 then first thing check the plugs,especially if they are originals low mileage wont matter-its time!Wonder if anyone else has come accross this(through all engines)?Getting the Jag tonight may post pics.Well if anyones interested,let me know.

Thread Information