Thread: Positives of Vectra ownership

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Positives of Vectra ownership

Lets try something a little different.....Maybe its time we discussed the positive aspects of owning a vectra.

As with most forums a lot of threads are negative and quite a number are dealing with faults and issues. This is very handy for the prospective vectra buyer but they also need to know what is good about the vectra.

I just got my car back on the road after a front spring snapped. It later turned out that I had 3 broken springs and I had to wait 2 weeks for the eibach springs from LMF so I was driving other cars for this time.

It was only after going 3 weeks without driving the vectra that I realised what an accomplished car it is. I think its number one strength is refinement. It is remarkably quite at speed. The engine noise of my 1.9cdti is almost inaudible when cruising and road noise is also well subdued. I have driven a Saab 9-5 with this engine and it is without doubt 100% quieter in the Vectra.

I had forgotten what a gem the 1.9cdti 150 engine is to drive. It is easy to forget this when you read about all of the problems that may occur. The engine pulls very strongly and is much more willing to rev than than similar VAG units and has a much wider powerband.

The Vectra also looks great in SRI spec and a good colour. It has aged very well overall in comparison to the primera, avensis or mondeo from the same era. Theres something about the straight edgy lines of the pre-facelift that still look great.

So what is it that you think stands out with the Vectra? What do you notice about it when you drive other cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I love the look of the vectra, especially the facelift. I moved up from an '03 ls to an '06 SRi, and wouldn't really change much of it as I think it looks really smart. It's such a comfortable drive on long journeys, and have found it to be a very reliable and solid motor. Bits and pieces are easy to get hold of, and garages are not as scared to work on them as I've found them to be on other cars as they are a popular car and plenty of them about. You've only got to see how many members are on here, and what people have done to their veccys to see that people love them just as much as other cars. As you say, people just mainly discuss problems with their cars on these forums, so is a good idea to have a positive comment thread for once. I for one am very happy with mine, and won't be changing for a while hopefully

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

vectra-c.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nice idea for a thread, I have grown to love my C estate, I've still got a B estate and there really is no comparison, my C is quieter, definately Bigger and an excellent allrounder, the main advantages for me are, the way you only have to fold down the seat backs to extend the boot space with it remaining flat, not that you have to do that to often lol, space in the back is huge, my kids have loads of room in there to do their own thing without annoying each other or digging their knees into your back through the seats, the way everything is logically laid out so you don't have to search for buttons etc and probably the most important thing, they don't cost the earth to run or own

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i moved from a audi a6 2.5 t/d sport. after the cvt gearbox was going to cost me a arm and a leg to fix . repair/servicing is peanuts at vx,against audi .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I've had several Vauxhall's, last an Omega which went through an accident. The my wife an the local dealer found me a facelift Vectra, 1.9DCTi 150 first diesel I've ever had. Had it since January, was a bit unsure at first, but it's grown on me - fast.
    Had a couple of 100+ round trips in it, smooth, quiet, and no complaints about the power. Averaged around 60mph (95% motorway) with 52-55mpg. The spec is pretty much as I would have wanted it. Not enthusiastic about Star Silver but only choice at price and trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i drive a trusty old 2.2DTI SRI , i love the early SRI spec with the auto dimming mirrors etc , and shes a sound reliable work horse which will hopefully last a long while yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just driven back to herts from manchester. smooth ride, supportive, quiet at speed, good on cruise control, 70mph 56.4 mpg, no sore back in seat, very good motorway long distance car....love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To be honest I did not want a vectra I had my heart set on a seat leon fr but after owning an 05 astra which the wife said was not big enough with a child we had a look at an 08 mondeo 1.8tdci zetec, 08 vectra 2.2direct sri Xpack 2 nav, and a 58 insignia 1.8 sri.
    After testing all I hated the diesel mondeo the insignia was nice but so sluggish and under powered but the vectra felt great really smooth through the gears exellent speck and about £2500 cheaper.
    After owning the vectra for 4 months I think its the best car I have ever owned I aways want to drive it and have not felt this infuseiastic about a car since I owned an astra GTE16V about 12 years ago.
    So the vectra c has made me join a forum buy lots of detailing kit also buy some irmscher stuff and made me want to drive again !! ( born again boy racer LOL )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fast, comfy, reliable, good value to buy, cheap (OE) parts and servicing and, IMO, looks good.

Best all round car I've had and the longest I have ever kept one (six years).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information