Thread: Progress?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Progress?

Got a call today from Vx, to say that they still can't find a fault with my car, but can't get the engineer out to it this week after all. Instead they are taking the car back to the factory and assigning it to an engineer there who is going to go over the car completely to try and find the problem once and for all. They invisage this taking two weeks, from there it will be passed to quality control for another two weeks and go from there. It means I might not see my car for at least 1 month, which I'm not overly happy about, but if it gets fixed this time, who am I to say no?

In the meantime they want to take me out of the Hire car I have at the moment ( no wonder, it's a Mondeo!! ) and provide me with a diesel Vectra from the demonstrator fleet, possibly not an SRi. For the duration of this, they want me to insure their car on my policy, instead of mine.

Two things;

What if something happens to my car while I'm not insured?

Is this usual? I don't think this is the best idea they've had so far. They've said they'll cover any admin costs, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

The way I've read this, is that I might not be having my car back at all, they're putting me in a demo, with a view to me liking it enough for them to want to make me an offer against it in exchange for mine.

What thinks you guys?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The insurance thing is no big deal, the first dealer I used, left us (the customer) liable for a ridiculously high excess or we had to pay a small fee, about £25 I think, to waive this excess if we made a claim.
    But the dealer I use now, does not insure customers on their courtesy cars, we have to insure the car ourselves, on our policy, that's if we can be bothered to wait the minimum three weeks it usually takes to book a courtesy car in the first place !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think they've messed you about enough mate. Depending on how you purchased the car, I'd be looking to reject it if on finance or a refund of the full purchase price you paid for it, plus compensation possibly in the form of a tidy discount off another car and free servicing for the life of the warranty of the new car. The dealer could also throw in a couple of hundred quids worth of vouchers for Irmy bits or other upgrades.

If not, let the dealer and vauxhall know that a whole bunch of letters will be going out to the motoring press and watch dog type programs, naming and shaming the dealer and slamming vauxhall for it's inabillity to find and fix the fault.

That'd be me anyway.

Edit: If you paid for the car or part of it such as the deposit by credit card, threaten them with a 'charge back' their financial director will soon be on the case as ALL big companies hate it when you do that as it affects their credit rating and financial status.
    Last edited by Spikey©; 11th July 2006 at 18:32.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would definately reject the car mate, do you really want it back after all this hassle. The value will be dropped a good bit in the time they have farted around with it as well. I wouldn`t put up with it any longer ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Ditto the above comments m8, i'd reject the car now as they are saying they want to take it from you for at least a month. Simply not good enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When i had the VX car for from their demonstrator fleet i had it for 1 month and VX insured it so im not sure why they are giving you this nonsence!!??

VX will cover all cost of damage should anything happen to your car while in their charge, maybe go round the car with your local dealer and get them to verify the condition before it goes away to VX HQ.

I would insist on a like for like replacment for your car, i did and got an sri demo

The final decision is yours andrew if they give you a good enough price for yours and you like the demo then i personally would go for it for piece of mind.

I have een through the WHOLE process and its very bearing in the end but stick in mate and get as much out them as you can

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Otherwise use www.dayinsure.com as I did and backcharge Vx.

Reject it. Get a 1.9 to cover the damages

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't think rejection is an option, I've had it nearly 2 years now and put 42000 miles on it. I'd be well out of pocket if I got shot of it too, so they need to get it fixed, or do a spectacular deal in respect of the ar$ing about I've had up to now. This all started on June 10th, so by the time they've had it another 4 weeks, it'll be near on 2 months away from me!

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew's SRi
    I don't think rejection is an option, I've had it nearly 2 years now and put 42000 miles on it. I'd be well out of pocket if I got shot of it too, so they need to get it fixed, or do a spectacular deal in respect of the ar$ing about I've had up to now. This all started on June 10th, so by the time they've had it another 4 weeks, it'll be near on 2 months away from me!
    I had my corsa for almost 2 years and had the same fault for ages so i complained and complained and finally vaux gave me money towards a replacement car eithera new or network Q vauxhall. hence the jump up to a vectra. I will pm you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Graeme.

This is their last chance at getting it right, then it's solicitors I'm afraid!

Thread Information