Had a really busy afternoon this afternoon clearing up loads of little jobs that have been sitting waiting to be done on the car today.
Feeling absolutely knackered but actually feels like I got something done today for once
First came the blanking of my EGR. The z22se being one of the only engines in the range where you can just blank it off (as long as you leave the EGR attached) and it's quite happy.
The bottom of my EGR, seen better days this poor old thing.
The mouting for it.
All in a bit of a crappy state so a thorough clean of the mounting and gasket later.
And all blanked off and EGR mounted off to one side so that it stays plugged in so the ECU doesn't complain.
Car started and ran fine, so on to the next job, fitting the washer bottle sensor so that my new GID stops complaining about the washer bottle being empty every time I start the car. Sorry didn't take many pics.
All stripped off and washer bottle emptied and removed.
Pump and wiring and new sensor and wiring (car had all the necessary wiring in place already so one less job to do).
This can be done without removing the washer bottle completely, but I took advantage of the opportunity to give it a good clean out and clean the filter too.
Mounted back into the washer, hole drilled and new sensor mounted too.
All back in place.
Whilst I was doing the washer bottle, I noticed more ex-police wiring (two years on and I keep finding bits they left behind on it) behind each headlight. So of course all that had to come out, headlights out quickly and bits of wiring and connections removed.
Next was the drainage holes under the wiper mechanism. The passenger side one whilst gunky was still clear enough for water to flow thankfully, but a damn good clean later and that one's fine. The drivers side however was completely gummed up and full of slimey gunk and took a fair bit of cleaning and flushing through to get clean. Not the best of pics, hard to see, it's through the gap in the middle of the bulkhead bar, but this was it when I checked it.
Got those cleaned out and now happy with those. Time to replace the carbon pollen filter having had a new one sitting here for weeks now. Took the old one out and cleaned it all, then realised I could actually get to the top of the fan whilst it was out. I've had the most annoying squeak on stage one of the fan for ages now that I've been meaning to sort out, so a quick little squirt of spray oil on the top of the fan bearing and my fan's lovely and silent again now, great two second fix for that.
Fitted the new carbon filter and that's under the bonnet jobs done.
I'd also discovered that my boot is letting in water badly and having read hundreds of threads about this, I checked the gutter mounts in the roof and one is a little loose, also my radio aerial base is looking pretty manky so that's gonna gave to be replaced shortly. Stripped the boot out and dried it all out, my MDF panels for my amps and subs have absorbed a bit of water too, hoping it's not too much and I'll get away with it, but might have to replace those once the weather gets a bit better.
Also swapped my passenger side front speakers for the rears (they're the same Alpine units anyway) as it was beginning to sound a little rough and I'm trying to establish if it's the speaker or the amp that's playing up, time will tell on that one.
All in all, quite a productive day and I actually feel like I've got something done for once
Just need to clean that damn engine down at some point now and work out where the oil leak is coming from.