Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Pioneer DEH-P88RS

Just bought this for my Vectra C, anyone have one and can say much about them? It looks a good unit and I have just bought the Bluetooth adaptor for it. It would be good to see if anyone has the same with the bluetooth so they can tell me whats it's like

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Very nice unit,i had the model below this which was also nice.
    I think yours is more designed for sound quality and purity.
    I still have the origonal brosure if you want it.
    Lots of info in there for upgrades and add ons.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The one before this one was in silver, the one I have is the 2008 model MK2. I have just bought the Bluetooth adaptor for it. I don't think I will be adding speakers and amps to my car, too much hard work lol. Cheers

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

That looks a very classy HU Mark, should fit in nicely with dash colour.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It should do mate, I thought I had bought the silver version til I noticed I had bought the MK2. Looks like I said it twice up above about the Bluetooth adaptor lol. It's getting late. The text on this system is white, so that should match the dash illumination nice. The faceplate is metal as well, good quality for sure

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The basis for pure sound staging in your car.

The DEH-P88RSII comes from the pedigree of the Pioneer Reference Series – driving pure sound staging in your car.

Audio reproduction is competition-grade. The high performance DSP, 24-bit Burr-Brown Advanced Segment-Type DAC and digital Low Pass and High Pass Filters for both 2 and 3-way audio, deliver crystal audio quality with extremely low levels of noise.

The DEH-P88RSII shares the same op-amp (operational amplifier) as our
    PRS-D amplifiers, making a perfect pairing for high quality sound.

The tuner also features D4Q+ technology, which delivers advanced FM/AM stereo reception with noise reduction, eliminating external interference.

The unit features a Hi-Volt Output (5V), which provides a stronger signal to amp - again, with less noise and more definition. To optimise sound image, staging and frequency response, the DEH-P88RSII uses automatic time alignment and equalisation to adjust the audio settings.
    This unit combines refined style - with a motorised aluminium face plate and white OEL screen - and high quality components. It’s the audiophile’s in-car CD tuner.

Main features
    Max. Power Output MOSFET 50W x 4 .
    Tuner AM/FM .
    Plays CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC (iTunes) .
    Front Panel Auto-flap mechanism (motorised) .
    Display Illumination White .
    Button Illumination White .
    Rotary Commander (+) Yes .
    You can control all functions with the Rotary Commander single dial.

The Rotary Commander works like a joystick, giving you speedy control over the receiver.

Turn it left or right , push it up or down, left or right, or press it to navigate joystick-style throughout different radio stations, access folders and files. .
    Remote Control Included .
    Multi-Language Display Yes .
    Cellular telephone auto muting (+) Yes

Connectivity
    Aux-in Yes (Rear-In) .
    Hard-wired Remote Input (+) Yes .
    The Hard Wired Remote input allows you to connect the receiver directly to your car’s own steering wheel remote control.

You can then control your receiver with the steering wheel remote control. .
    High Voltage Output (+)5V .
    To provide a high output to your amplifier, Pioneer has built a special High Voltage Preamp circuit yielding no less thatn 4 V non-clipping output to the preout terminal. Such a high output voltage means the power amplifier does not have to work so hard to produce sufficient gain to give high volume levels. As a result, even a low gain power amplifier can be used, giving excellent sound quality with low noise. .
    IP Bus Yes .
    RCA Preout (+)3 (F + R + S.W or NON-FAD) .
    Thanks to the RCA pre-outs, it is easy to expand your sound system. You can significantly improve your in-car sound quality by connecting extra amplifiers to your headunit. You could customize your sound system with separate amplifiers for the front speakers, the rear speakers and a subwoofer. Combining Pioneer 's EEQ+ with the RCA pre-outs let you create the exact sound you want, with the focus on complete flexibility! .
    Sub-display Output (+) Yes

Tuner Features
    Radio Data System (RDS) (+) Yes .
    RDS (Radio Data System) is a system for pro-viding information along with FM broadcasts. This inaudible information provides such fea-tures as program service name, program type, traffic announcement standby, automatic tuning and program type tuning, intended to aid radio listeners in finding and tuning in to a desired station. Note: • RDS service may not be provided by all stations. • RDS functions like AF (alternative frequencies search) and TA (traffic announcement standby) are only available when your radio is tuned in to an RDS station. .
    Best Stations Memory (BSM) (+) Yes .
    Best Stations Memory scans and memorises the six strongest, clearest stations available on each band. .
    PTY Search (+)Yes

CD Player Features
    CD Text (+) Yes .
    CD Text allows various text information to be added to normal music CDs. By pushing the Display key, it is possible to scroll between disc title, track title and artist name (usable with compact discs featuring CD Text). .
    Disc Title Memory Yes .

Audio
    Auto EQ (+) Yes .
    Auto EQ is a powerful sound tuning feature which uses a microphone to monitor and analyse the acoustics inside the car. It then automatically adjusts the equalisation across the entire range of the music's frequency bandwiths to optimise the performance. In addition, it offers digital 13-band graphic equalisation for both front and rear speakers. .
    Auto Time Alignment Yes .
    ASL (Automatic Sound Leveliser) (+) Yes .
    Compensating for additional outside noise, the automatic sound leveliser uses signal processing to automatically and electronically adjust the internal volume so that your music always sounds right. .
    Built in DSP (+) Yes .
    The new built-in DSP and a Burr Brown 1-bit DAC with 24-bit resolution that, together, produce the highest quality in-car sound. Flexible sound customization can be achieved automatically, equivalent to a professional system.

An integrated three-fold approach is taken to achieve sound tuning perfection.
    To start with, the Burr Brown 1-bit DAC with 24-bit resolution offers unprecedented true-to-the original sound thanks to a wider dynamic range. Secondly, the sound field is optimized with the user-friendly Advanced Time Alignment, which acoustically adjusts the sound image depending on the user's listening position. Thirdly, the Auto Equaliser monitors the car's interior acoustic environment, and after one of the three target curves is chosen, completes a sound correction process to balance the acoustics.

Additionally, the digital 13-band graphic equaliser's fine-tuning flexibility finds the perfect balance of lows, mids and highs, while the Source EQ Memory effortlessly recalls tone settings the user set for each individual audio source. In addition, there are 6-mode preset equalisation curves plus a nuance control function for subtle sound adjustments. .
    D/A Converter 1-bit Burr-Brown D/A Converter .
    Graphic Equaliser 16-band, with 5 pre-set curves and 2 custom curves .
    High Pass Filter (+) Yes .
    When the subwoofer is connected and you do not want low sound to play from the front or rear speakers, turn the high pass filter on. Only fre-quencies higher than those in the selected range will be output from the front or rear speakers. .
    Low Pass Filter Yes .
    Listening Position Selector (+) Yes .
    The Digital Listening Positions Selector automatically adjusts the sound field and stereo image to optimal levels for each of the four preset seating positions —front left, front right, rear left and rear right. .
    Loudness (+) Yes .
    At low volume levels, low and high frequency sounds in music can be overpowered by ambient noise levels in the vehicle. Loudness control provides a one-button way to boost these frequencies and provide better overall sound at low volume levels. .
    Source Level Adjuster (SLA) (+) Yes

Thread Information