Thread: Holiday in Cyprus Protaras...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Holiday in Cyprus Protaras...

Going on Holiday to the above in mid May,anyone been before,any pointers etc,thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2009

Mileage : 42800

i went with my ex to paphos a couple of years ago. we got stung with baggage being overweight, mainly coz they weighed our cases & carry on bags on the way back, which they didnt do when we went out there. cost me 80 euros, so i would advise making sure that your combined bags are not overweight when you return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

been to the Penera beach area about a mile outside Protaras at least 10 times. usually go in October - bit too hoy in July / Aug to be comfortable. Its a nice area, cypriots are very friendly. Try scuba diving at Green bay, have a look at Nissi beach if you like beaches. Make sure you swig some Keo (local beer) and a brandy sour for the mrs. The water park in Protaras is one of the best in Europe. If you fancy getting out and about the Troodos mountains are ok, the Capital City Nicosia is the last divided city in the world - like Berlin before the wall came down. Well worth a visit IMO. Have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Got married in Ayinapa but i have stayed in Protaras twice now mate. As a family man with 3 children, personally i think there is nowhere better.
    Plenty of family friendly bars, great beaches and lovely people, ticks all my boxes and i am sure you wont be dissapointed.

If you are going with kiddies take them too the square in Ayinapa in the day as all the clubs there look great externally as they are all themed also well worth spending some time at nissi beach while there.

In Protaras i would visit the flinstones bar which is great for the kids and fig tree bay.

There is a mc donalds on the strip which if you stand in front and look across the road on the right hand corner there is a restaurant with outside seating and candle lit tables. The food there is superb mate.

A day trip would have to include the aqua park.

Got me dead jealous now mate Enjoy and let us know what you thought when your back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was there August 2008 for 2 weeks and had a great time,check out Cheers bar a pint,it was 2 euros and the food was good,fig tree bay is amazing and you won't be bored with the amount of restaurants and bars,overall a very nice place to stay,what Hotel are you staying in???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Been 3 times now and my brother got married there (first wife!).
    Organise your own trips and do not get roped into the ones organised by the holiday reps. They make a big wad from selling them. Take a boat trip out from the beach to a nice bay where you can jump off the boat! We done a lot of walking along the coast and it was great. Fig Tree bay and Cape Gkreko are good. If you have the money hire a open top jeep as its a great way to travel around the island. We went up into the moutains and the weather changed from beautiful sun to cloudy and rain. It was then we found out that the cover for the Jeep did not work. At least we dried out when we came down. Check your hire car well as we have had a few issues in the past (spare wheel on a jeep falling off as the brackets had rusted, it ran down the road at some speed!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers lads for info,can't wait now and the kids are getting excited too,oldest girl whose 12 has just come out of QMC hospital after having her appendix removed in an emergency,and shes getting through it well,i keep telling her to get better for her Cyrus trip.

Thread Information