User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Remove SRI Rear Bumper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default How Do You Remove SRI Rear Bumper?

Fitting my parking sensors today & front bumper was so easy I was falling about laughing then getting 4 cables through bulkhead was just as easy. Thought things were going too well as the box for front sensors needs ignition supply & foot brake supply, I've fitted audio lead for phone kit so took ignition supply of that but that made the radio switch on & off, finally found suitable live in rear of fuse board behind glove box.

Then I get to the rear & think, right three screws again inside each wheel arch, pop the bumper outwards & away it comes, NO IT ******DON'T!!!
    Then I spotted two screws above number plate but I still can't get bumper off. It seems fixed still between wheel arch & light cluster.

Thought I'd have it all done in no time the way the front sensors went but now I got to finish it off tomorrow then go to work Monday and fit some more to an Audi, so much for a weekend off!!!

Incidently the inside of front bumper is marked where factory fit ones go just like the rear bumper.

HELP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

All done

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile front and rear bumper

Did you manage taking the rear bumper off, if so was it easy can you explane in more detail as iam going to fit some parking sensors front and rear but they have a wireless display that fits on the dash ,thanks for any help you can give paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Front bumper literally fell off, wasn't quite the same as I read the How 2 on fog light surrounds I think but very similar, mine has irmischer front spoiler which I think may have made things differant.
    I had three T20 screws inside each wheel arch, one up behind each fog light then underneath car in middle were four clips with insertable stud type things supporting lower spoiler the sub frame.
    With all them removed I pulled bumpers out from wheel arches gently & pulled the whole lot forward unplugging fog lights loom when just off on the floor.
    Once off you'll find markings where factory fit sensors go. They're a rectangular box with a circle inside then a cross bang in the middle. I was laughing by this point!

I then routed cables acorss to near side then round battery up to the bulkhead where I routhed them through the grommit the main harness runs through and comes out behind glove box.
    Whip out glove box (5 screws) and you should see a rubber grommit 3 inches across I guess with a harness running through it. I use an electricians pull through, it's like a stiff but still flexible nylon rod (you could use wire coat hanger), with a bit of a push I pierced it through rubber next to harness & out into engine bay.
    Attach your cable with some tape & give it some lube, oo er!!, the KY was indoors so I just gave it a squirt of WD & gently presuaded it to come through. Once through I cable tied it to harness both sides of bulkhead to keep it still, keep in mind water run off so I had cable coming up to grommit from outside although you coud silicone the hole up after but looking it doesn't look as though it gets too wet there.

The rear bumper caused me some issues! Ihad again three T20 screws inside each wheel arch, two above number plate then popped out number lights & unplugged. Beneath bumper below number plate was two clips which just popped of from crash brace. Thinking great just pull bumpers out again from wheel arches they'll pop off. No they didn't, they should as it turns out they are just clipped on along the side but as I gently pulled it splits the plastic along top edge of bumper, you don't see these splits once it popped back on as they dissappear beneath the rear wing.
    I ended up having both rear lights out which will probably help as there was a stud each side the bumper hooks round. I put a screw driver down behind the bumper near to these studs & levered the bumper outwards which then caused the stubborn clips to let go, there's also a clip beneath each light cluster which was self evident.
    Once all done it then pulled off backwards & again has markings on the back.

I routed cables in through air vent in near side rear quater & into boot.
    Took my reverse feed, brake light feed & earth off the n/s/r light & as I had carpetd panel out of n/s/r in the boot I mounted box but the eletric module mounted there but so all out of sight now panel is back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ben,

Where is the 3rd screw in the wheel arch for the rear bumper, I can see two but not the third. Also did you take the wheel off or did you have a very small scredriver

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

With one of these with a T20 bit in, absolute god send of a tool for my job!
    I had 2 screws secureing the mudflaps then the third screw was above near the top edge of the bumper where it rounds into the wheel arch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Where did you get it from, or what is it called so I can find one

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The one I have is differant to that but same principle. I got mine from Maplins for about a fiver.
    Here it is, just found it.

Regular Member scott_150cdtisri's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i wish i had one of those tools it looks fantastic, i had to jack my car up but it on axle stands take the rear wheels off just because i couldn`t get in there with a ratchet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You'll wish you orderd one next time you need it if you don't do it today!!!
    Removing car trim/dash/interiors all the time I'm always reaching out for mine, I even got a brand new spare as I had one sieze up for no reason & left me in trouble. Think I used it in the drill & knackered the bearings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information