Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 3.0 V6 CDti Elite - Tested

I've had a 3.0 V6 CDti Elite since Friday on a Vx 3-day test drive, they allowed me to have it over the weekend so I got 5 days . Its got a VXR body kit fitted and 18's also. This made it a total value new of just under £27k !!

Well I must say I am very impressed with the 3.0 V6 engine. Its superb and pulls like a train. It goes soooo much better than I thought it would. The 0-60 difference between my car and the V6 is only 0.4 sec but you wouldn't think that at all. Once the wheels are rolling and its out of 1st gear it just pulls and pulls. The power comes in with an extreme urgency as you floor it - thats all I can say to describe it. It was certainly better than what I expected.
    The brakes are absolutely superb and really pull up the car with confidence, you hardly got to touch the pedal.
    Now for the bad points......
    Fuel consumption, not so good for a diesel. Sort of getting around 35mpg until I floored it a few times and it got down to 28mpg (see pic) .
    The last bad point was the handling.......just dont bother!!! Even though it had 18"s fitted to this model and handling was very if'y with the standard suspension. I'd say with this kind of power you need an SRi if you want to do any kind of spirited driving. Think it's the fact that its just a heavy car......
    Anyway, a few pics of the beast....

Scarey fuel consumption (for a diesel)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, The car does look nice. You mention the mgp's not that good but i expect they will get better once you have had the car for a little while. If you took the car to chipped uk they would blow you away with what they can do to the engine, look at this link http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10186 .

The wheels do not look like 18's, but it's nice to see a new shape one. Would you change to a diesel m8?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by PIMM

The wheels do not look like 18's, but it's nice to see a new shape one. Would you change to a diesel m8?
    I'm sure the wheels were 18s. When I checked the over day I'm sure the tyres were 225/45/18.....
    As for changing to a diesel.....well I few years ago I wouldnt dreamed of it, but now......you have only got to look at the performance of modern common rail diesels also with good economy then they are certainly worth considering.
    You dont get short changed on performance with the 3.0 V6 and if driven reasonably you should get around 35-40 mpg, I belive.
    From when I driven a 3.2 petrol a couple of years ago, comparing the 2 engines I would say the 3.0 CDTi isnt far off the 3.2 petrol. Note: I did not say if would beat it, but not far off!! lol!!! If has a very similar pull of power except it comes in a lot sooner and tails off sooner on the rev range. BUT: you havent got the 3.2 petrol fuel consumption!!
    Still not sure whether I'll get the 3.0 V6 or the 1.9 CDTi 150 though. I'm going the test a 1.9 soon...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have alway's had petrol car's but sometime's i think of a diesel for it's mpg's. When driven carefully these guy's can get massive mpg. If you look at the link i sent you Robbieben is well happy with his sigbum. I would like to see how my car on the motorway compared with a tuned diesel ??
    It's all good fun either way

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They are 18's yes the Vec just has such big arches that even 18's look small. I have 19's on my Vec.

28MPG can get slightly better not much though. Remember a new tight engine is in there though.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i've yet to see a facelift v6 diesel vec on the roads.

it's hard to tell from the pics but does it have the vxr rear skirt but not the exhaust insert like Paul's 2.0T?

looks really nice BTW!!

how difficult would it be to change the dashboard/door trimming, i've the silver strip going all the way round in mine at the moment but i really like the facelifted ones, more of a dark grey with a bit of chrome here and there. looks perfect with the chrome air vent wheel edges.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by CDTi
    They are 18's yes the Vec just has such big arches that even 18's look small. I have 19's on my Vec.

28MPG can get slightly better not much though. Remember a new tight engine is in there though.
    Yes very good point about the mileage, forgot about that. It had only done about 6K so would loosen up a lot after about 10k-15k and the economy would improve. So would the power!!

Forgot to say I wanted the SRi to test but they only have Elites as demos in the 3.0 CDTi.
    I am going to try a 1.9 CDTi SRi next which they have got plenty of SRi's to test.

spoons

£27,000 TWENTY SEVEN THOUSAND POUNDS ONLY.....

Sorry, just imagining signing a cheque for £27,000 for a Vauxhall Vectra....

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE

and then drive it off the dealers driveway and loose at least £10,000 immediately.

EDIT: Just noticed that it has the VXR Type Gear Knob... Suppose its worth it now...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Can get a VXR for that with change!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know, the price is crazy for the 3.0 V6. You'd have to be bonkers to pay that. If I had £27k to buy a car, I dont think I'd buy a Vec (well VXR maybe!).

I'm just looking to get a 6 months old one (facelift) and just wanted to try one out for a few days.....wouldnt buy new..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information