Thread: IPhone and DVD800

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default IPhone and DVD800

Got a new Iphone 32G 3GS today and tried connecting to my DVD800 it doesn't seem to work.

The DVD800 display a message stating that it's an incompatible device....

Any one managed to get an Iphone working using the Ipod integration on the DVD800?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have read about issues with the iphone (and ipods) make sure you have the latest radio firmware but still not a guarantee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My iPhone has software 3.1.3 (7E18) and connected to my brothers DVD800 the first time i tried it! but i don't know what radio firmware it is running? i will have a word with him for you to see if he can find that info for you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dlm71 View Post
    My iPhone has software 3.1.3 (7E18) and connected to my brothers DVD800 the first time i tried it! but i don't know what radio firmware it is running? i will have a word with him for you to see if he can find that info for you!!
    Thanks!! Appreciate the help. My iPhone also has 3.1.3 so a possible DVD800 firmware issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My iPhone 3GS doesn't work on my DVD800 with just the USB connection - I have to use a 3.5 jack lead as well from the headphone socket. The sound is also a bit crackly, probably because of the lead. Its also a pain in the butt having to connect and disconnect two leads to get my iphone out of the car

However I have an iPod Nano 3g which I use as my "car" mp3 (have used it in my last two cars). With the Nano I just have to plug it into the USB connection and it works perfectly.

I just use the same playlists on both the Nano and my iPhone to keep them in snyc. Works well for me as I can just leave the Nano in the car all the time....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by wise1 View Post
    My iPhone 3GS doesn't work on my DVD800 with just the USB connection - I have to use a 3.5 jack lead as well from the headphone socket. The sound is also a bit crackly, probably because of the lead. Its also a pain in the butt having to connect and disconnect two leads to get my iphone out of the car

However I have an iPod Nano 3g which I use as my "car" mp3 (have used it in my last two cars). With the Nano I just have to plug it into the USB connection and it works perfectly.

I just use the same playlists on both the Nano and my iPhone to keep them in snyc. Works well for me as I can just leave the Nano in the car all the time....
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a go with the aux lead connected as well. I'm not sure it will work though as its currently telling me its an 'incompatible device' on the dvd800 display when its connected. Maybe its looking for the aux connection, but its odd as I would have thought it would work without the aux but without the audio?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tried it with both cables and still had the same problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I will try my iPhone tomorrow & will let u know

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok I tried with my iPhone and I could get it to work but it needed both the usb connection and the 3.5 jack lead connected.

When I plugged the iphone in with the usb lead I got the "not supported message" on screen:

I then got the AUX Connected screen:

I then connected the 3.5 Jack, selected ipod on the iphone itself and then used the ipod controls on the iphone to play tracks (note the car can not control the iphone and you also need to turn the sound up as its quiet).

As a comparison I plugged my iPod Nano back in. This works as an integrated solution so you get to see the tracks playing on screen:

You can then use the navigator to control what you want to listen too, i.e. Search by....:

By Album:

Finally here is a pick of my iPod Nano connected...

So by the look of it the Nano can be used for a proper integrated ipod control. Whereas the iPhone is used just like a normal 3.5 Jack connected device where the control is on the device an not via the incar controls....

Personally I keep my iphone on a windscreen holder and wouldn't want to keep connecting and disconnecting it from the armrest - so having the Nano is perfect for me as its always connected and available (aswell as properly integrated..).

I know it wasn't the answer you were looking for.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As far as I'm aware the iPod lead is not compatible with the iPhone, they look identical. However Apple being the very astute business it is, realised that there was money to be had from the various cables required.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information